Votes: 22 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Abstain (who would abstain? ;))

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
move the worker up one square and then decide, problem mostly solved, because of now it is mostly pointless to debate this if we dont know what is up there, if we move the worker up one and take a look at what there is, then the debate will be much clearer as if it is worth giving up our first move settle bonus for a costal city, but as of now it is too difficult to debate. And if we move up we can still irrigate if we cut the forrest down, as was mentioned already. That given i must abstain on this poll.

Edit: ALso, if you look closely near the mountain chain that is bordering the vast expanse of unknown to the north east, you can see a shoreline, so it is likely that if we found our city one spot to the north it will be costal.

We could decide on whether we settle up 1 north if we find x or y up there with our worker.... for example.

Well if this poll isn't binding then we would have to create another one pretty darn quick to make sure its approved by the citizens by next turn chat, but then by the next turn chat we will have to stop on whether or not to plant our settler where it went or decide to go somewhere else. MEANTIME we lose VALUABLE TIME in researching techs and falling seriously behind. Move the worker and see what happens, but im sure once we do that we have to take it to poll yet again. I love the democratic process as much as the next person. Back in the old times when the british, french, spanish and any of the Old World countries came to the New World they first plunked down in the first ideal spot they found (which we have) and moved around exploring for other ideal spots. it didnt matter to them because they knew there was a possibility for more cities. We've got an optimal spot, use it, we always have more opertunity to expand, and i for one dont want to lose this game by getting ambushed by a barbarian just because we cant decide on settleing or not.

Nicely put, Fionn. There seems to be more support for the opening spot, whether determined by this poll, or judging by the arguments of the debate.

Well, i didnt like this poll from the start, as it was only a one option poll without discussion and ignoring other opportunities...
But as it is up and running, we had to comply :-(
Next time, there should not be such a quick-shot. I think this poll would NOT have standed judical review out of the above reasons anyways to be valid and as such binding ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom