Siège Tower

FIETTE

Chieftain
Hello all

I am a new player of civ 6 (I used to play civ 3) and I don’t understand how I can utilise siège towers. I put it next to opponent’s city but it does not change the défense score of the city when I attack with a melee unit. The bonus of city wall stil appears.

Would you know how to proceed ?

I play civ 6 without extension

Thank you very much for tour help

First question: what type of walls does the city have? Siege Towers only work on ancient and medieval walls. If the opponent has upgraded beyond that, seige towers have no effect. Also worth noting; siege towers let your units bypass walls rather than increasing damage like the ram. I'm not sure how that gets reflected in the tooltip.

it does not change the défense score of the city when I attack with a melee unit

That is not what siege towers do. You can apply your full damge to the city center with a melee unit and a siege tower but they wont change any numbers.
Take a look at the expected damage output, move your siege tower away from the city center and take a look at the expected damage output again. It should be way less now! Ofc this only works with ancient or medival walls afterwards you need trebuchets/bombards (or Akkad but you can't controll this reliably). I would recommend to bring siege units as early as possible to level them as quickly as possible. +7 von defense and +10 against districts are huge upgrades! +1 range later on is also a very nice promotion.

Top Bottom