Sid Meier Civ 5 has stopped working Crash

drewgood

Chieftain
Windows 7 message appears as Civ crashes on me and it says "Sid Meier Civ 5 has stopped working Crash" anyone else get this?

Thanks The J. I found some answers at the Steam forum and I haven't had a crash since. It was doing it mid-game. I run DX9. I updated all my drivers, Direct X etc. The fix had me rebuild the C++ and Dx stuff.

yeah what was the exact solution I'm having random crashes as well (as well as the cannot load a game unless you exit and restart the game bug lol).

Sadly I think the guy won't be revisiting this thread any time soon. He fixed his problem so why would he need to recheck this discussion. I too would like to know what exactly he did. His answer was a little vague and I tried finding a solution on the Steam forums but to no avail.

Thanks The J. I found some answers at the Steam forum and I haven't had a crash since. It was doing it mid-game. I run DX9. I updated all my drivers, Direct X etc. The fix had me rebuild the C++ and Dx stuff.

I Have tried all of these and not got it to work im really trying to find a fix for this proplem trying all levels of detail

I was having crashes with the same error EXTREMELY frequently (every ~10 turns). I updated directx and verified I was running the latest WHQL nvidia drivers, no change. It happened at the same rate in DX9 & DX11 mode.

It turned out it was something in strategic view. I was playing basically solely in strategic view. Most of the crashes seemed to happen during AI turns, or during the 'auto action' phase, after you click end turn yet before it hands off to the AI players.

I switched to only using strat view VERY sparingly, and never ending the turn with it on and I played for maybe 6 hours without a crash.

Total shame, I really like the strategic view.

To me it's completely superior to the 3D view except that there are no (not even basic) battle animations/indicators, and that you can't see the city bar unless you zoom way in. Oh, and that it crashes the game every 15 minutes ;)

sys specs
Win7 Pro x64
Core2Duo (E6600 I think, at work right now, can't check)
4 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GTS 512

Hey,
a version of what you are experiencing:

My computer shuts itself down without warning while playing civ5. The screen goes black, then after 5 seconds it turns off. It didn't start after about 3 hours into the game and happens everytime I try to continue playing. The version runs through steam.

I have updated my catalyst driver, reduced graphics and fog. I have tried both directx9 and 11.
I really dont have a clue what to do next. Any advice?

7 months old:
Intel Core2Duo T6600, 2.20GHz, 2.20GHz,
4 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system
ATI Mob.Rad. HD 4650
Windows 7 64-bit.
Directx11

Interesting, I was using Strategic View almost exclusively and that is when I was crashing more. I do have one save game that no matter what I do it crashes when I complete the turn though.

Interesting, I was using Strategic View almost exclusively and that is when I was crashing more. I do have one save game that no matter what I do it crashes when I complete the turn though.

I've only held too the normal view, if normal view is when you're zoomed in like civ4. I've tried to start a new game but it stills only takes under half an hour before my system shuts down.

I have same problem, In one game which I saved it always crashes on that perticular turn no matter what change I make in the game. It crashed earlier in other games but I never bother to save those game so they just gone :mad: (after so many turn I felt like.. ). I don't know exactly what the problem is but I was playing a mod with Legendry Earth map , but my game crashed earlier in other civ5 pre existing maps too.

Now I am started feel that their is no way I can get pass to that crashing issue and their is no reason to waste time playing civ5 till they fix this issue. I was also wondering if their is any money back scheme, I won't gift or recommend this game to anyone, civ4 was hit but civ5 seems to have some issues. I got gaming PC my configurations are very high (6GB RAM, i7) with decent graphic card (1GB Nvidia), I know its not my graphic issue at all its problem in the game. They should test game before launching :mad:

Same problem as well. From the event log

Faulting application name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe, version: 1.0.0.20, time stamp: 0x4ca37045
Faulting module name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe, version: 1.0.0.20, time stamp: 0x4ca37045
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001d7905
Faulting process id: 0xcb0

I know two problems that makes the game crash.

If you or computer have around 70 cities the game can crash. Solutions raze or liberate cities as you take them. They are working in fix for this problem.

If you have Railtrack, and order a helicopter gunship to make a very long move, it can make the game crash. Solution move the unit manual in small moves :crazyeye:

But sometime it crashes in first 30-40 turns, I doubt 65-70 city get formed that early. Many time I noticed it get crashed when I finished constructing wonder (not always). Thier might be more reasons, I hope they fix them. Even graphic looks ugly even on best setting, on their preview it looks good but when I got game it proved out to be ugly.

I'm having the same problem, too. Game crashes randomly, usually after 200+ turns. Go back to a recent save, and keep playing, and the crash does not occur again on the same turn. I play in DX10/11 and I'm not in strategic mode. Just now crashed when I tried to save the game (because it crashed about 20 turns ago and so I was saving more than usual so as not to lose the turns...). Getting pretty frustrating.

System: month old Sony VAIO Z series laptop, i5 CPU, 4G ddr3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330, 128GB SSD, running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)

Top Bottom