Signs that you can't play Civ2 very well

82. You mine irrigated tiles and irrigate mined tiles.

I actually did this with Civ1. The manual never said this cannot be done.
It took me a few trials and errors to figure it out.

Ali Ardavan said:
82. You mine irrigated tiles and irrigate mined tiles.

I actually did this with Civ1. The manual never said this cannot be done.
It took me a few trials and errors to figure it out.
:lol: I did this when I first started playing. I would irrigate it, then I'd come back and think "Dang, I could have sworn I had mined that hill already. I guess not." So I'd mine it, then 10 (or is it 15?) turns later I'd think "Dang, I could have sworn I had irrigated that..." I don't know how long it took me to figure out what was happening, but it was an embarrassingly long time.

If you first mine a hill than build an airfield on it, you get the benefits of mining and irrigation as well as a free railroad on the hill.;)

85. You stare at the screen for ten minutes trying to see how you move your units.
86. You wonder how to upgrade you warrior to a musketman...:) (How do you do that? I STILL Don't Know.)
87. You rush your amazing stack of finely bred soldiers toward your enemy and he attacks with a catapult, and he wins:cry:

The Person said:
8 - Your main defence and offence unit in 2020 is the Warrior.

Imho, surviving up untill 2020 with only warriors would mean you're an extordinary civ player ;) Or atleast rather lucky

88) You sleep units in your cities instead of fortifying them.

I did that for the longest time, I'm ashamed to admit.

The Person said:
28 - You found all your cities on mountains because you want the best defence bonus....
That isn't a sign. Sometimes it is the difference between life and death(if your stupid enough to get into a war you cannot win, backed an ally who will not help, against an opponent who will not quit(before the age of :nuke: s)) , presuming you can keep them alive(easy if there's a wheat in range).
Edit: Of course I suppose getting into a war like that is a sign...

89) You axe the computer after your caravan is killed by barbarians.

90) You keep nuking your enemy's capital until the entire area is filled with those little skulls.

91) ...then cry as the rest of his cities discharge their own atomic stockpiles.

92) You wonder why your spy won't shoot those tanks...

93) You think naval units are the best city defenders
(although under the right conditions, they can do a fairly good job)

94) You hit 'ctrl-G' and think the planet's been fractured.

95) You hit 'T' and assume you've lost.

96) You try and try, but your stupid settlers won't fortify!!!

97) You never disembark from ships, to keep them from being left behind.

98) Your city management rule is, the more Elvises in the population, the better the output!

99) After losing the game (for the millionth time), you set out in search of your coffin...

100. Only the first 20 in the population grow food or mine hills. The rest are lazy buggers who sit around dressing as elvis.

101. You use pillage on your own city because you don't know that you can sell your improvement.

102. You can't tell the difference between the Anarchy scene and We love the Leader scene.

103. You build the spaceship for the purpose of being a refrigerator for that old wine you've been saving for another special occassion.

104. You pillage banana's, wine, peat, and other good resources thinking they look ugly on the screen.

Edit above-you mean the player doesn't realize they are dressing as Elvis. I can't say the don't realize it can be changed to Tax Collector or Scientist because it really can.

And Tycoon, unless you have Leonardo's Workshop you'll have to buy them all over again. Isn't the workshop the best wonder? I've forgotten the best wonder thread already.

105. You did bad in History class in school so you think Leonardo's Workshop is a hard subject somehow, avoid builing it in the game, and wonder why your stuff costs so much.

Top Bottom