Simon Bolivar fix

Quantumf8

Warlord
Hey, I looked for this, but couldn't find it, is there a fix for the simon bolivar bug? currently he and the other spanish leader have swapped heads, is there a way to un-swap those heads so simon bolivar has his head back?

Sorry, I disagree. I think they're fine.

I get your point! The guy labelled Jose de San Martin sure looks a LOT like Bolivar (and not that much at all like Jose de San Martin, at least, according to the portraits I was able to find on the web). I am not an expert, but the face is all wrong.

Actually, I don't think it's a bug. The guy looks more like José de San Martín (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_de_San_Martín) than Bolívar but it's not very close to either - and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they decided to give one of them a beard...

If you still want to switch them, copy "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\CustomAssets\xml\art\CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml" to your "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\CustomAssets\xml\art" directory, open it with a text editor, look for the entries of Bolívar and de San Martín and exchange them.

I think the reason why they gave him a beard is because otherwise they would've had two leaders that were relatively similar, so instead they decided to give him a beard and make him look like a 16th / 17th century Spaniard..

Very strange indeed; they could've renamed him as any of the Spanish conquistadores and most people probably wouldn't have noticed, but I have to admit that I too was a little surprised that Simon Bolivar looked the way he did this time..

I've been editing some of Colonization's leaderheads (see my signature) and I'm currently working on the French king and the backgrounds for the French leaders.. I'll see if there's something I might be able to do for Bolivar, although I have not yet mastered the art of 3D-modelling that would be necessary to truly make him accurate..

Hey, I looked for this, but couldn't find it, is there a fix for the simon bolivar bug? currently he and the other spanish leader have swapped heads, is there a way to un-swap those heads so simon bolivar has his head back?
San Martín's model is perfectly fine, or at least pretty close to reality. Bolívar might have a problem with his head, but don't you dare steal our national hero's! :sad:

Actually, I don't think it's a bug. The guy looks more like José de San Martín (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_de_San_Martín) than Bolívar but it's not very close to either - and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they decided to give one of them a beard...

If you still want to switch them, copy "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\CustomAssets\xml\art\CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml" to your "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\CustomAssets\xml\art" directory, open it with a text editor, look for the entries of Bolívar and de San Martín and exchange them.

You should copy from your Assets to CustomAssets

I originally thought they screwed up the leaderheads too (like they did with Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan in Civ4), but when I actually looked up photos of both men, I realized that they just looked far too similar (at least in terms of uniform) to both be used for Spain. However, that said, I think that they should've changed San Martin rather than Bolivar because Bolivar is the more well-known of the two men.

I originally thought they screwed up the leaderheads too (like they did with Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan in Civ4), but when I actually looked up photos of both men, I realized that they just looked far too similar (at least in terms of uniform) to both be used for Spain. However, that said, I think that they should've changed San Martin rather than Bolivar because Bolivar is the more well-known of the two men.
But San Martín did half the work. :p

But San Martín did half the work. :p

Isn't that always the way? One guy does half (or all) the work, and some other guy gets all of the credit.

Top Bottom