Simple no city-state mod

FCqt

Chieftain
I apology for my first post being a request,

But the city state have ruined too many of my games to the point where I can't play with them at all anymore. Just now I had one city-state land right on top of my ideal expansion spot. After cursing and dealing with it, I decided on a secondary decent spot. As my settler reached 1 tile from that spot, another city state landed 2 tiles away from it denying me that secondary spot. I simply rage closed the game at this point and decided I'm done till I can play without city states.

Anyone can make a No City State mod? :crazyeye:

I thought I'd take up this request.

I first tried just deleting all the stations from the database, but that makes the game hang up before Planetfall. So instead I just set the first turn that stations appear to an arbitrarily large number.

Enjoy!

I thought I'd take up this request.

I first tried just deleting all the stations from the database, but that makes the game hang up before Planetfall. So instead I just set the first turn that stations appear to an arbitrarily large number.

Enjoy!

Thanks I'll give this a try.

In the mean time I was able to remove the line of code that made the stations spawn when you receive the quest. This way there is still stations spawning near AI. Kindof a win/win situation, no annoying stations near me but they are still in-game.

"line of code"

Can you say where please?
Thanks.

Hi,

These lines in SpawnStationChoiceTemplateQuest.lua

Code:
local cityPlot = Map.GetPlot(quest.PersistentData.City.x, quest.PersistentData.City.y);
local city = cityPlot:GetPlotCity();
Game.SpawnStationOfTypeNearCity(city, chosenStation.ID, IDEAL_RANGE);

Make sure to make a backup of the file if your gonna do the changes in the core LUA.

Alternatively it might be possible to create a mod to simply make the stations spawn further away from the player City. By default it's minimum 5 tiles away, making it 7-8+ should lessen this issue.
An example mod for this could be:
Code:
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 7 WHERE Name = 'MIN_STATION_RANGE_TO_CITY';
No idea if this would work since I never really modded any Civilization games in the past but based on what I've seen from other mods this might work.
In theory it just change the value that is defined in GlobalDefines.xml at these line:
Code:
<Row Name="MIN_STATION_RANGE_TO_CITY">
     <Value>5</Value>
</Row>

Top Bottom