1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple questions, simple answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Brassnbricks, Jul 9, 2013.

1. kukatr

kukatr Chieftain

What will happen if I trade luxuries and gold per turn for a city and I lose one of my luxuries? Yes, I am playing dirty.:) It is quite obvius (I hope so) that the AI won't get its city back, but I'm curious about the other luxuries and gold. Will this act cancel the other outgoing luxuries or do I have to declare war?

2. Peter Sagan

Peter Sagan Warlord

Thanks! :)

3. WC4J

WC4J Chieftain

Can Great Admirals be purchased using faith?

I possess the Reformation Believe "To the Glory of God", but I am unable to purchase Great Admirals in any of my cities, including coastal ones. I am able to purchase ALL other Great Persons, however. Must I own a harbor or seaport or something like that?

The Civilopedia says nothing about my question, of course.

Many thanks.

NOTE: The Great Admiral is not grouped with the other Great Persons; I should have scrolled down the list of things to buy within the city screen.

While I'm on the topic, purchasing Great Persons as Sweden for the diplo victory is incredibly powerful. Especially if the city-states already demand certain Great Persons.

4. celticguard

celticguard Chieftain

Why do barbarians in Emperor difficulty ignore my unprotected settler?

5. Scip

Scip Chieftain

Are there any "units killed" stats like there are in civ4? Wondering just how much did the honor finisher help me in a war.

6. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Emperor

I never open the Exploration tree and I have a question about the finisher. Does the social policy reveal more hidden antiquity sites than the technology archeology? If there are no more additional hidden sites, I dont see the purpose of picking the finisher because I cant build archeologist until I discover the tech first.

7. mevlin

mevlin Chieftain

Yes, another bunch appear on the map visible only to the Civ's that have unlocked the policy as far as I've seen. They get a blue antiquity icon. The number remaining of the normal and hidden is somewhere on the culture information screen.

8. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

As Melvin has indicated there are a further number that may only be visible to you if you are the first finisher. This can be helpful if you have empty slots- if you don't you can still make sites within your territory.

There are fewer "hidden" sites than there are "normal" sites.

9. MaDaZi

MaDaZi Chieftain

I'm pretty sure you just suffer a happiness penalty or something

10. Lord Xavius

Lord Xavius Mostly Lurking

Did they remove Vilnius from Poland's city list before release? I know it was present in early screens (causing a bit of controversy), but I can't seem to find it in the game files. Seems like they did remove it, but I'd like to be sure it's not just me.

11. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

What makes religious pressure flow along some trade routes and not others?

12. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

I understand if the city is within "normal" religious pressure (ten hexes) the religion will not spread via trade route. (Just confirmed with Civpedia).

13. Tachii

Tachii Procrastinator

It's apparently a bug. It will be fixed (hopefully) in the next patch.

Q: If all 5 religions are taken, and you just made the hagia sophia (when you didn't have a religion). Would it even spawn? What can you even do with it?

14. JEiK66

JEiK66 Chieftain

What determines how much food/production an internal trade route produces?

15. VisageTDI

VisageTDI Warlord

It's based on the era you're in. Each new era gives you 1 more via land or 2 more via ship.

16. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Correct. Cities in normal pressure range are already getting pressure from your city and trade routes will not provide double pressure (except if you are playing Arabia, in which case they do).

17. Calouste

Calouste Deity

Not correct.

Land starts at 4 and only gets 1 more per era starting with Industrial.

Sea start at 7 or 8 (not at my game computer at the moment so can't check) and gets 1 more per era immediately.

18. Calouste

Calouste Deity

A Great Prophet will still spawn, and you can settle it for a Holy Site. Maybe if your city already has a religion from someone else, you can use the GP to spread that Religion.

19. Peter Sagan

Peter Sagan Warlord

I'm still having problems to get the civs from G&K into BNW. Is there a possibility to change it without steam and get them inside BNW? Because I've got both games installed but the G&K civs won't appear in my dlc.