Single player load error -- "the save file you have selected is protected"

bdonalds

Chieftain
I did some searching for the solution to this problem, but they all seem to address GOTM and MP saves.

Mods:

CivArmy's civs
advanced HOF screen
Advanced Military advisor

I have not changed any XML, Python or installed any mods since beginning this game....any thoughts?

The save can be found http://nardvark.com/AutoSave_AD-1650.Civ4SavedGame

thanks,
Bryan

More info to add that I forgot to include in my initial post...

I am running version 1.52.

This problem occurred right after a CTD, which I am guessing happened during an autosave. Also, I had been able to successfully load saves up until that CTD, at the current state--ie, no mods or anything has changed that might have caused this.

Bryan

This game appears to be a mod game though - is that correct?

I don't have any "gameplay mods" installed. CivArmy's "The Next Level" mod is installed (adds Civ Army's created civs). The only other mods I have are advisor screen updates. As I mentioned in my original post, I have not changed or added any mods for quote a while, and no changes were made after starting the game save I am trying to load.

I'll post a game save that works when I get back home.

thanks!

Bryan

Ok - that save file has mod path data in it! That might be the problem. If you post the other save that works, we can see the difference - although it might not be fixable. Maybe going back to the most recent autosave that you can lost is the best solution.

I tried a few autosaves from that game, and none of them worked. It's looking like file got corrupted during the CTD as you suggested.

Is there a way to turn on some kind of logging to see where the compare is failing? Save for that, maybe I will take a look at the timestamps on the XML files, though that seems like it might be a tedious task...

If a file is corrupted, it may be just as quick to reinstall, then install the same mods and try again.

....love your sig, by the way. I thought it sounded like it was from Atlas Shrugged, but I didn't remember it. A quick google seach yields only this forum, so I assume it's you own quote?

And thanks for helping me look into this problem!

Bryan

Okay...there is something going on here.

I started a new game, had a CTD, the got the same error trying to load any of the saves from that game.

This sucks.

Top Bottom