Skilldorado strikes again

Poomermon

Warlord
I decided to play a game with Spain today and got the luckiest start I have ever seen. First turn I moved my settler to a better spot and started scouting with my warrior. Next turn Madrid was founded and when I moved my warrior to scout further I saw this:

Yeah the game is pretty much won at this point unless I do something incredibly stupid but how would you spend the 1000g in this situation to be most effective? Settler obviously when I hit 2 pop but what else? Second settler? Scout? Monument? Worker? How would you play this out?

If you want to play this out the save file is attached below.

The game is Spain/Pangaea/Large/Immortal/Standard with all the DLC civilizations.

Attachments

• Spain_Skilldorado4000BC.Civ5Save
    537.6 KB · Views: 103
Yeah the game is pretty much won at this point unless I do something incredibly stupid but how would you spend the 1000g in this situation to be most effective?

Do something bold. Research archery immediately and buy 5 archers with the money. Train a couple more. See if you can take out the first 2 civs you meet before they even know what an 'arrow' is. :lol:

Buy a scout, worker and then a settler. Skip liberty and try honor perhaps?

Immortal Skilldorado Spain savegame (its close in the southeast)

Have fun :)

wtf did it not get attached ?

I was a bit too quick. Sorry about doublepost

Attachments

• SKILLDORADO SPAIN.Civ5Save
    506.2 KB · Views: 50
buy 1 settler and 1 worker ASAP, start working the capital

You only need 100 more gold for the next worker, buy him in your 2nd city soon as you get it

push the expansion - get core of 4 cities/workers up ASAP then use future gold income for some archers

Stay with liberty to maximize the opening.

That's what I would do anyway.

I settled my capital on Mt. Fuji once, then found the grand mesa several turns later. It was almost better than el dorado IMO.

But, yeah, when that happens I usually just buy the settlers and the workers. I agree with Mazer though: do the archers, way more fun.

I played as Spain, settled my second city next to the Fountain of Youth. + 20 happiness before A.D. = World Domination! Seriously though, with that, I was able to puppet three entire civs before getting 0 happy/unhappy. I never went beyond 7 unhappiness that entire game. I also got the Great Barrier Reef, so science got a bit of a boost as well, but the Fountain got me the game.

Hi i am complete noob in these things but how can i play that attached save game?
i downloaded it and what do i have to do then?
i usually play at king/emperor so it sounds like a nice try at immortal first time for me
Thx in advance.

copy it to your civ5 savegamefolder and load it.
C:\Documents\My Games\Civ 5 Folder\Saves\single

Ah thank you very much i thought i had to use some kind of program first.

no quick combat = i cannot continue the game :(

I started, and what a start, including free Writing from ruins!

But i cannot play the game w/o quick combat; just makes it take too long.

Top Bottom