Slideshow

nixon

Rationale is leaving you
Okay, I need some help on figuring out how to make a slideshow; a video file (.mov, .mpeg, .avi.....), where I need some pictures to fade in and out. A bonus would be to add some sounds to it, as well.

Do you guys possibly know how, or perhaps which program that may be suitable for such a task (if there is one)?

Your help is much obliged. :)

Yep. but I know those applications, and there you can't have your final output as video files. Instead of explaning further, I have this example below as my inspiration. It's a video presentation of Richard Nixon's life. Well, I hope you get the idea of where I'm going.

For DSL users:

mms://www.nixonlibrary.org/nixon_video/inside_look_mp1.wmv

For dial-up users:

mms://www.nixonlibrary.org/nixon_video/inside_look2.wmv

Paste it into your browser and Media Player should start.

Go to:
http://www.techsmith.com

They sell a product called Camtasia. It will output several types of video files. I used it at work to create a sales video one time. You can paste together multiple video files, or use still pictures and assign length of time to display them, or a mix of the two. It also has transition effects and you can add sounds.

I beleive you can even download a full-feature 30 day demo for free as well. Not sure of that, but go to the website and investigate. Only you can really determine if its right for you.

That is truly an awesome program, Crystal.

Thanks a lot! :goodjob:

No Problem. I am glad to help out. :)

Good luck on your project!

Top Bottom