Small fixes suggestions not worth their own thread

What if workers could promote to militia/conscripts? Worker-heavy starts end up with 10-15 idle builders for me during the mid/late game fighting.
Not sure how cost effective it is. But excess workers do make good meat shields for your ranged units :)

Small UI suggestions:

1) Thank you for making the traits on everyone visible! Now you just have to make the traits of the ruler easily visible somewhere as well :). I still have to mouseover my own leader repeatedly to remember what traits they have (I know, I should know my own ruler better, but 6 max traits is a lot of traits!)

2) For the visible traits of other people, I suggest making the trait GREEN if it is a trait that the ruler shares, and RED if it is opposite a trait the ruler shares. That can help the player tell quickly at a glance what traits make people like or hate you.

Lets see how trivial my nitpicks can get ;)

Just got an email notifying me that it's my turn in a PBEM game. The text has an extra space in it - there's two inbetween "Founder" and "has":
Code:
The Influence Mission of Queen Dido the Founder  has led to an event...

O
Lets see how trivial my nitpicks can get ;)

Just got an email notifying me that it's my turn in a PBEM game. The text has an extra space in it - there's two inbetween "Founder" and "has":
Code:
The Influence Mission of Queen Dido the Founder  has led to an event...

Oh common give that it’s own thread!

My spymaster was Senminis, I tasked her to steal science from Babylonia, but she died before she completed the task. I immediately replaced her by a new spymaster. Then, the mission was completed? Is this normal?

upload_2021-9-26_0-48-41.png

When a unit is tasked to move far without force march, it will take multiple turns to get there. Once there, it might be immediately fatigued. However, it can still perform an action sometimes. But the player may miss this because in that case the unit will not appear when you TAB-TAB-TAB through all units. It could be good to have the unit in the list of available orders for the turn:

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-26_23-2-56.png
    upload_2021-9-26_23-2-56.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 26
My spymaster was Senminis, I tasked her to steal science from Babylonia, but she died before she completed the task. I immediately replaced her by a new spymaster. Then, the mission was completed? Is this normal?

You wouldn't happen to have the save from when that happened?

I do :) (it's my oldest autosave though!)
  • hit next turn: she dies
not sure if necessary
  • replace spymaster by the guy with the blue hat
  • give him a mission to steal research on Babylonia
and then
  • hit next turn: she completes her stealing mission

Attachments

• GOTW-87-Turn126-she-dies.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The leader just died and Zmorrod took the place of queen. But she's still head of her religion.
So I want to convert someone to the religion, it says I require to be pleased... with myself? :D

upload_2021-9-27_22-37-52.png

Attachments

• Am-I-Pleased-With-Myself.zip
    462.7 KB · Views: 17
The leader just died and Zmorrod took the place of queen. But she's still head of her religion.
So I want to convert someone to the religion, it says I require to be pleased... with myself? :D

Haha blame @Solver for that one. :p

I do :) (it's my oldest autosave though!)
  • hit next turn: she dies
not sure if necessary
  • replace spymaster by the guy with the blue hat
  • give him a mission to steal research on Babylonia
and then
  • hit next turn: she completes her stealing mission

I gave this process a go. I was unable to repro. When I assign the blue hat and give him steal research mission, it goes through the normal 3 turns till end.

The tutorial wording was a little awkward in a few places, especially this sentence. I think you want to get rid of the word "off":
upload_2021-9-27_20-35-56.png

The rename button on Duke Megabus doesn't work. Clicking it, and nothing pops up :(

upload_2021-9-27_21-6-54.png

I just had a situation where the Head of Manicheism and the Head of Roman Paganism were both pleased with me. However, both heads could only convert people to Manicheism, my State Religion. I assume that the Head of Roman Paganism should not be able to convert someone to Manicheism, so is a bug.

Influence of the Religion Head, first option seems wrong way around. I think the person introduced to should hold a favor FROM my Queen. Currently it is stupid to choose another option.
upload_2021-9-28_23-39-11.png

Reactions: PiR
I gave this process a go. I was unable to repro. When I assign the blue hat and give him steal research mission, it goes through the normal 3 turns till end.
I sent you another save via private message (without removing my email) where you just have to press next turn to see it.

Top Bottom