Small fixes suggestions not worth their own thread

That's definitely way off, I've been tweaking inflation rates for the scenario, guess it's way overboard. I'll go make another change...

Reactions: PiR
From Learn To Play #3. I influenced someone before I got the mission to influence characters. I then completed the mission with "only" influencing two more characters.

upload_2021-11-6_18-34-17.png

Just in response to all the regency posts, I can confirm that I've also run into some very strange regency situations. I think it may be caused by the fact that you can technically resolve any event in any order, but when a ruler dies and the heir is young, a lot of events happen at the same time that seem to be dependent upon one another.

Separately, I am getting "Time to Kill" events a lot (like 4-6 times a game, usually all focused on one civ). It also feels weird that these events happen before I have a spymaster who can assassinate...

I can also confirm the "Time to Kill" event seems to play far too often. My leaders all seem to be very kill-happy. :D

On another note, is it normal to receive a tribute demand from a nation that is weaker and smaller than you are? Seems slightly odd to receive an ultimatum from a nation I could (and in my current game, am about to) smash into dust for their insolence.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Event :Intercessional Feast

In this event, the target of the intervention "carelessly makes a series of slanderous remarks about you and your family." The problem is that when this came up, the target of the intervention was my second son, lol, so he was essentially slandering himself. (Incidentally, the one doing the intervening was also his mother, which is also odd that he would slander the person doing the intervening).

Obviously, a minor issue, but maybe an adjustment should be made. On that note, I feel like many of the Influence / Intervention missions should be unique when it comes to family members. For instance, trying to influence your spouse sometimes brings up a unique influence event for spouses, which is great. The tone of those events sometimes feels a little off b/c they don't account for the fact that you're dealing with your own family.

I can also confirm the "Time to Kill" event seems to play far too often. My leaders all seem to be very kill-happy. :D

On another note, is it normal to receive a tribute demand from a nation that is weaker and smaller than you are? Seems slightly odd to receive an ultimatum from a nation I could (and in my current game, am about to) smash into dust for their insolence.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

The other thing that feels off to me about "Time to Kill" is that I rarely see the benefits to doing so. Killing a foreign leader only seems advantageous if they have a combo of traits that make them inclined to hate you, but that hate will probably only be -100 or so, and I'll be honest, I haven't seen a huge difference that -100 makes in attitude of foreign leaders. At the very least, they should tell you which heir would replace them, so you can at least see whether the heir shares your traits so you can see whether killing them will actually swing a net +200 or so in attitude.

Piling on more events based on foreign leader attitudes may help.

You can see the heir this way:

upload_2021-12-2_19-37-49.png

The other advantage can be: the new leader will be a newbie, therefore less legitimacy. But it's not an advantage for you, it's an inconvenience to them.

Tutorial 4:
  • the worker in the eastern (Seleucid) city Pergamon is a Cypselid worker and not a Seleucid worker, is it intended?
  • Each time Alexander tries to influence the leader of religion it says it leads to an event but there is no even and he is not influenced

Attachments

• upload_2021-12-3_22-3-19.png
    upload_2021-12-3_22-3-19.png
    4 MB · Views: 39
Tutorial 4:
  • the worker in the eastern (Seleucid) city Pergamon is a Cypselid worker and not a Seleucid worker, is it intended?
  • Each time Alexander tries to influence the leader of religion it says it leads to an event but there is no even and he is not influenced

There is a fix for the "leads to an event" but looks like it didn't get merged into the branch in time. Should flow through next time.

Reactions: PiR
I received a marriage proposal from a tribe I'm at war with. Is this WAD?
Spoiler :

warmar.jpg

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

I received a marriage proposal from a tribe I'm at war with. Is this WAD?

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

There is a version of this that "concludes" the war : the marriage event also gets you back to peace as a diplomatic effect.

But there is also an event in which you get a marriage proposal while staying at war (needs careful reading ! ), and my guess is that this one is not WAD, we'll see if the team confirms.

There is a version of this that "concludes" the war : the marriage event also gets you back to peace as a diplomatic effect.

But there is also an event in which you get a marriage proposal while staying at war (needs careful reading ! ), and my guess is that this one is not WAD, we'll see if the team confirms.

That's correct, I've seen the event to conclude the war before. The proposal I got above though gave no indication of ending the war so I assume it's a bug.

Kind regards,
Ita Bear

Does anyone know if it is WAD to populate my "heir" with some rando (not my child, someone else I assume from the family) within a few turns of starting if I do not have a child yet? Primogeniture law. This has happened in two games where I have used random leaders, not sure if WAD or a bug.

Top Bottom