Smilies jumping to the end of posts

choxorn

Watermelon Headcrab
Is anyone else having this problem? It seems like every time someone puts a smilie in a post, it ends up at the end of the post instead of where it should be. Like, I could try to put a sad smilie here:

:(

And it will instead appear at the end of my post.

Is this a weird forum glitch, or is something wrong with my stupid internet?

Nothing like that is happening on my end.

Is it the same no matter if you click on the smiley in the table on the right, or if you use the BBCode for the smiley?

Let's see if I have a problem... :hmm: (typed the code)

And now I'll click one of them: :scan:

Previewing the post shows no problem. Now let's see if they are in the correct places once I submit the post.

Edit: They work fine for me.

This is a problem that happened a long time ago on the InvisionFree forums. The owners never fixed it, and it is extremely annoying. Hopefully this is just a minor glitch that only affects you, and can be corrected by clearing your cache and rebooting.

Otherwise, I have no useful suggestions. :dunno:

This is a problem that happened a long time ago on the InvisionFree forums. The owners never fixed it, and it is extremely annoying. Hopefully this is just a minor glitch that only affects you, and can be corrected by clearing your cache and rebooting.

Otherwise, I have no useful suggestions. :dunno:

It seems like it only affects me. I'll try your suggestion.

Does it happen on all browsers?

Firefox only, IE and Chrome appear unaffected.

Clearing my cache didn't seem to help.

Strange. Do you have any funky browser extensions? I might try to uninstall and reinstall firefox if the problem is really bothering you.

Check your Firefox, then. Make sure it's up to date and see if any add-ons, plugins, etc have stopped working or are listed as unstable. I had a couple of things go wrong for me with the last update - one thing stopped working, and my Ghostery is wonky now.

That seems to be the issue! Turning off one of my addons fixed it. Thanks!

Top Bottom