Smith's Trading Exchange

Fried Egg

Prince
Does anybody know the full list of exactly which city improvements this wonder pays the maintenance for?

In the editor, "Pays for Trade Installations" is checked.

But what exactly counts as a trade installation? I am guessing this includes markets, banks and stock exchanges. But does it also include commercial docks? What about harbours and airports?

Easy way to tell is to build it, and see what comes free with it.

Not near civ now, so I can't say for sure.... But there is a setting for it in the editor. I think if you mark a building 'commercial' it gets free maintenance from Smith's.

Not near civ now, so I can't say for sure.... But there is a setting for it in the editor. I think if you mark a building 'commercial' it gets free maintenance from Smith's.
If that's true, then it does include harbours, airports and commercial docks...

Those characteristics are strange though. I noticed that the Recycling centre and the Solar plant are considered 'Agricultural' but the grannary isn't?

This only goes to show that this wonder is the big daddy of all wonders! This can save you up to 10 gold per turn, per city....!!!

Fried Egg said:
Those characteristics are strange though. I noticed that the Recycling centre and the Solar plant are considered 'Agricultural' but the grannary isn't?
The programmers must have decided 1/2 price graneries for agricultural civs would be too powerful.

But why is the recylcing centre considered agricultural and not the mass transit (as mass transit affects pollution caused by population and recylcing pollution from production)?

And why the Solar plant and none of the other plants?

It does annoy me how it's all so vague. I wish that these things were explictly detailed in the civilopedia so that we wouldn't need to speculate...

Fried Egg said:
It does annoy me how it's all so vague. I wish that these things were explictly detailed in the civilopedia so that we wouldn't need to speculate...

Why, then this site would be obsolete ;)

If you consult the ingame civlopedia, it tells exactly what wonders do, and Smith's (My second favorite wonder) pays for the marketplace chain, including marketplaces, banks, stock exchanges, harbors and commercial docks, and airports. THe ingame civlopedia is located adjacent to the menu button and is marked with one upper-case A and one lower-case A.

MAthias

Top Bottom