1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Sneak Peak 9/01

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

well from the China leak we know they do set these up quite a bit in advance, so probably a coincidence

2. Kyro

Kyro Prince

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Georgia.

Back before vanilla came out there was a fuzzy poster of leaders in the background of a video. We couldn't figure out who came between Barbarossa and Pericles (it turned out to be Gorgo). People would quickly look at wikipedia's list of civs and guess Georgia because it was mistakenly placed between Germany and Greece alphabetically. This went on far too long.

It became something of an in-joke.

Piruparka, Hawke9, Ondolindë and 2 others like this.
  4. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Warlord

Because there are only four civilizations left, and the conditions of their post state that three of the civilizations are locked (i.e. Georgia, the Zulus, and the Celts), thus we cannot have both of the two civilizations they suggest as that would lead to there being five civilizations.

There is a very distant possibility that Georgia is not in, and a reasonable possibility that the Zulus and/or the Celts are not in, which means that it is possible for both the Ottomans and the Incas to be in; however, these possibilities are not relevant to the single permutation outlined by the post you quoted, which supposes that the Georgia tease is correct and the Zulu/Celt leak is accurate.

CPWimmer and nitedemon like this.
  5. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I agree with Eagle Pursuit: I don't think Georgia was supposed to be this week but got released ahead of schedule to put Creegate on the back page, because internet memory is short.

Hawke9 likes this.
  6. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

i mean, people will be rioting if Georgia are in and the ottomans or Inca are out. I think the exclusion of the Ottoman empire, specifically, over Georgia would make people riot and no amounts of Shaka Zulu would aleviate that sentiment.

That said though, there's no real confirmation about the leaks, it's basically just hearsay at this point. It's not like the previous chinese leak, which came with screenshots of a Cree city and Chandragupta's inverted colour scheme.

Siptah, CPWimmer, Trengilly and 3 others like this.
  7. Merciorum

Merciorum Prince

They will almost certainly go with Tamar, given their stated objective of greater representation of women. There is also a popular saying comparing Tamar to a lion.

8. GonzaHerMeg

GonzaHerMeg Chieftain

9. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

As already stated in few posts (including mine), Tamar is referred to as the Lioness of Georgia. And the animal is clearly female.

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

people "riot" over the silliest of things these days.

nzcamel and CivLuvah like this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I think that leak is garbage.

12. Merciorum

Merciorum Prince

Yeah it seems to be pretty much rumour and hearsay. But we shall see. If the Ottomans are pushed out again to make way for William Wallace then I will be rather miffed.

evanaurora likes this.
  13. Duuk

Me too. I think we're reading something that is basically from the Chinese civfanatics forum and taking it as gospel, when we know that the only True Gospels of Civ come from THIS forum!

14. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

^ This, I agree

15. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

I am happy. It is happening and I cannot believe it. Way to go. When there is motivation, 10 minutes is all that takes.

I am excited for this, especially because she is the female leader that fits the Golden Age mechanism talked about by Ed Beach. I am just excited to see how they'll do it. Cannot wait for tomorrow's First Look.

Ogro, Thormodr, Hawke9 and 3 others like this.
  16. Kyro

Kyro Prince

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

probably has a hint of truth to it but has been distorted. wasn't the guy editing civilopedia files or something?

18. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

conorbebe and Guandao like this.
  19. Duuk

Side note: Why is this listed as "9/01"?

20. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

The celts/zulu leak is of the same level as Tamar of Georg-...er, I mean before the basegame release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.