[R&F] Sneak Peak 9/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: But I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped it up because of it.

well from the China leak we know they do set these up quite a bit in advance, so probably a coincidence

What/where is this meme everyone is referring to?

Georgia.

Back before vanilla came out there was a fuzzy poster of leaders in the background of a video. We couldn't figure out who came between Barbarossa and Pericles (it turned out to be Gorgo). People would quickly look at wikipedia's list of civs and guess Georgia because it was mistakenly placed between Germany and Greece alphabetically. This went on far too long.

It became something of an in-joke.

Because there are only four civilizations left, and the conditions of their post state that three of the civilizations are locked (i.e. Georgia, the Zulus, and the Celts), thus we cannot have both of the two civilizations they suggest as that would lead to there being five civilizations.

There is a very distant possibility that Georgia is not in, and a reasonable possibility that the Zulus and/or the Celts are not in, which means that it is possible for both the Ottomans and the Incas to be in; however, these possibilities are not relevant to the single permutation outlined by the post you quoted, which supposes that the Georgia tease is correct and the Zulu/Celt leak is accurate.

I agree with Eagle Pursuit: I don't think Georgia was supposed to be this week but got released ahead of schedule to put Creegate on the back page, because internet memory is short.

i mean, people will be rioting if Georgia are in and the ottomans or Inca are out. I think the exclusion of the Ottoman empire, specifically, over Georgia would make people riot and no amounts of Shaka Zulu would aleviate that sentiment.

That said though, there's no real confirmation about the leaks, it's basically just hearsay at this point. It's not like the previous chinese leak, which came with screenshots of a Cree city and Chandragupta's inverted colour scheme.

I am happy. It is happening and I cannot believe it. Way to go. When there is motivation, 10 minutes is all that takes.

I am excited for this, especially because she is the female leader that fits the Golden Age mechanism talked about by Ed Beach. I am just excited to see how they'll do it. Cannot wait for tomorrow's First Look.

The celts/zulu leak is of the same level as Tamar of Georg-...er, I mean before the basegame release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom