• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sneak Promotion

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
I am currently working on a "Sneak Promotion"

It more or less will be exactly the same as plundering :gold: and :science:, but this will plunder :espionage:

Right now its set-up to take effect in the tech Alphabet, with available units set for Archery, Melee, Gun, Wheeled and Recon units.

So the question is:

1. Does this need to be in a DIFFERENT starting tech?
2. What Combat Units should be included?
3. Any special unit(s) it needs to be Automatically included with this?
4. Any other ideas/suggestions?

You know, you could really go all out with martial arts if you really wanted to. Instead of just a general martial arts promotion, you could have specific ones that grant different kinds of benefits. Gaining those martial arts could require a Dojo, which may be good as a National Wonder.

It's a separate idea I think from what Hydro was suggesting, but it made me think of that. :mischief:

I dont know if it is still in but when I played a vew months back this Mod the upgrades of the Colosseum that replace them all din't have the +.1 :) per Citizen and so it was a huge lost of Happienes for the bigger citys.
If you look at the Sports Mod Part then maybe you can look into this also.

@EldrinFal

Its not a bad idea. I want to go all out with the Sports mod in the future since it was very generalized when Afforess made it. I would like to have things like baseball or basket ball counts. I do not see why we could not have Taekwondo or Jujutsu Dojos.

When played an earlier version of the mod, I remember getting access to those stadiums and not building them due to the large maintenance requirements. I would think that stadiums should generate some kind revenue and not just be a drain for the sake of a Happy point or two. But certainly there are a ton of different sports if you wanted to break them all out. Maybe even tie them to the Culture stuff?

Speaking of which, tying martial arts to various cultures is an option too.

When played an earlier version of the mod, I remember getting access to those stadiums and not building them due to the large maintenance requirements. I would think that stadiums should generate some kind revenue and not just be a drain for the sake of a Happy point or two. But certainly there are a ton of different sports if you wanted to break them all out. Maybe even tie them to the Culture stuff?

That's what i was thinking of such as ...

Taekwondo = Korea
Jujutsu = Japan

Same can go for sports is suppose such as ...

Cricket = English
Football (Not Soccer) = America

You know, you could really go all out with martial arts if you really wanted to. Instead of just a general martial arts promotion, you could have specific ones that grant different kinds of benefits. Gaining those martial arts could require a Dojo, which may be good as a National Wonder.

It's a separate idea I think from what Hydro was suggesting, but it made me think of that. :mischief:

@EldrinFal

Its not a bad idea. I want to go all out with the Sports mod in the future since it was very generalized when Afforess made it. I would like to have things like baseball or basket ball counts. I do not see why we could not have Taekwondo or Jujutsu Dojos.

I dont know if it is still in but when I played a vew months back this Mod the upgrades of the Colosseum that replace them all din't have the +.1 :) per Citizen and so it was a huge lost of Happienes for the bigger citys.
If you look at the Sports Mod Part then maybe you can look into this also.

That's what i was thinking of such as ...

Taekwondo = Korea
Jujutsu = Japan

Same can go for sports is suppose such as ...

Cricket = English
Football (Not Soccer) = America

Alrighty guys, quit high-jacking my thread:rolleyes:

Hah! Well #4 DID say "4. Any other ideas/suggestions?" :mischief:

I'm trying to conceptualize the idea of plundering Espionage points in a way
separate from what a Spy would do as that seems the more natural choice.

If you were to describe it in use, would it be like... stealing documents? Interrogating an enemy? Computer hacking (in later years)? I think if I had a better idea of how you are imagining it I might be able to think of appropriate units.

Although it DOES make me wonder about a turn-by-turn Spy Network that would work similarly to pirate trade route plundering. Instead of taking money though, it takes Spy points. Like you're spy is undercover, stealing plans, relaying information, giving false information, etc. Similar actions to what spies can do, but used to gain points each turn.

Ninjas and Shinobi would fall into line for that kind of work. Courtesans. CIA, MI6, KGB agents. Or maybe a function of the pre-existing units of Thieves, Rogues, Ambushers, etc.

Hah! Well #4 DID say "4. Any other ideas/suggestions?" :mischief:

I'm trying to conceptualize the idea of plundering Espionage points in a way
separate from what a Spy would do as that seems the more natural choice.

If you were to describe it in use, would it be like... stealing documents? Interrogating an enemy? Computer hacking (in later years)? I think if I had a better idea of how you are imagining it I might be able to think of appropriate units.

Although it DOES make me wonder about a turn-by-turn Spy Network that would work similarly to pirate trade route plundering. Instead of taking money though, it takes Spy points. Like you're spy is undercover, stealing plans, relaying information, giving false information, etc. Similar actions to what spies can do, but used to gain points each turn. (your spy can already do this, if my memory is correct?)

Ninjas and Shinobi would fall into line for that kind of work. Courtesans. CIA, MI6, KGB agents. Or maybe a function of the pre-existing units of Thieves, Rogues, Ambushers, etc.

My bad, i forgot the words "within this threads subject area":p

I really like your last paragraph, now that is the line i am thinking of for specialized units, but then also the question would be what about any NORMAL UnitCombat unit? ie: Recon/Melee/Archer/Gun etc. Or just make this for ONLY the specialized units, which might be more wasteful maybe?

My bad, i forgot the words "within this threads subject area":p

I really like your last paragraph, now that is the line i am thinking of for specialized units, but then also the question would be what about any NORMAL UnitCombat unit? ie: Recon/Melee/Archer/Gun etc. Or just make this for ONLY the specialized units, which might be more wasteful maybe?

The spies couldn't do that in BTS. If it's a feature of C2C, it's one I've never used, or seen. Though I may have just overlooked it somehow. I know they can sit in a city and reduce the cost of spy actions, but I meant pilfering espionage points each turn.

Maybe if it was something like an "Interrogator" promotion, that would mean the unit interrogates the enemy for information once they are victorious. They capture 1 or 2 men from the enemy unit, then get information from them that equates to espionage points. If that is the case, you could make it available to almost any unit.

The spies couldn't do that in BTS. If it's a feature of C2C, it's one I've never used, or seen. Though I may have just overlooked it somehow. I know they can sit in a city and reduce the cost of spy actions, but I meant pilfering espionage points each turn.

Maybe if it was something like an "Interrogator" promotion, that would mean the unit interrogates the enemy for information once they are victorious. They capture 1 or 2 men from the enemy unit, then get information from them that equates to espionage points. If that is the case, you could make it available to almost any unit.

Nope to your 2nd paragraph (that would be a dll edit), its exactly the same promotion as Espionage plundering of units ie :gold: and :science: ingame now.d

Nope to your 2nd paragraph (that would be a dll edit), its exactly the same promotion as Espionage plundering of units ie :gold: and :science: ingame now.d

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean literally units would be captured, I meant if the situation were put into a realistic scenario. When a unit with the Sneak promotion defeats another unit and gains the Spy points, I was thinking the "fictionalized scenario" would be like they were interrogating prisoners of that battle in order to gain intel, translated into game terms as Spy points.

I'd say just make it available to any units that can get Plunder/Loot. That ability has never felt overpowered to me because the amt stolen is low, so I see no harm making it available to a wider variety of units.

Top Bottom