• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

So what city-states are you missing?

It seems indeed necessary to amend Firaxis proposed list of cities - I will certainly make my own changes in my game. Since you propose to do this as a mod, I suggest you consider some technical questions which are - as far as I am aware - not yet answered:

- At what time are city states spawned in the game? At the very start? Slowly over time? Do different city states spawn in different eras? (I hope it's the latter)

- Will the game somehow check the list of either civilizations in the game or city names already used in the game to avoid double occurrences? (again preferrably the latter)

Whatever the case, it makes sense to restrict your list to cities which have historically been sort of sovereign or independent for a significant amount of time, earning the title of city-state. Not sure how this'd apply to colonial cities, for example.

For the above reasons, I would include cities that apply no matter whether they are part of any confirmed civ city list, as usually not all civs are in a game at the same time.

Some I personally feel are still missing from your list (my interests mainly lying in medieval HRE):
- Berne, Basel (both certainly more influential than Geneva)
- Worms, Speyer, Ulm, Lübeck, Konstanz, Regensburg, Rostock, Braunschweig (some of them may be on the German list)
- Besancon, Strasbourg, Metz (some may be on French list)
- Pskow
- Pistoia, Lucca, Pisa, Parma, Bologna, Siena, Amalfi, Verona, Padua, Modena, Vicenza (not sure which of them may be in the Roman list)

Monaco? Why the hell Monaco? It's insignificant compared to all the other ones.

Some to add: Benevento, Tripoli (probably on the Arab list), Basel, Besancon (probably on the French list), Augsburg (German list...), Krakow or Danzig (shouldn't have an overflow of Polish ones), Glasgow, Vancouver, Toronto, Aksum (is Ethiopia included in this?), Mombasa or Kilwa, Mogadishu, Canberra or Sidney or Adelaide...

They need to add Shangri-la and Xanadu as well. If you befriend them and ally with them you will eventually get a free golden age. :p

They need to add Shangri-la and Xanadu as well. If you befriend them and ally with them you will eventually get a free golden age. :p

Xanadu will be an add on civ with Olivia Newton John as their leader, their special ability is Roller Skating, and their UU is ELO...

I think mesoamerican city states are missing, I can understand that they dont want to add Mayan, maybe save them for an expansion. But there were a lot of city states in the area that would be worth mentioning.

-Teotihuacan
-Cholula
-Tula
-Cacaxtla
-Xochicalco
-Mitla

I think mesoamerican city states are missing, I can understand that they dont want to add Mayan, maybe save them for an expansion. But there were a lot of city states in the area that would be worth mentioning.

-Teotihuacan
-Cholula
-Tula
-Cacaxtla
-Xochicalco
-Mitla

I agree with you, but I would put Panama City as a city-state.

Kabul (militaristic,) Liechtenstein (always supplies gold), Basel (always supplies gems), Pt. Barrow (always supplies oil),

Cahokia

Cultured
VERY early
Strong diplomatic presence

-Teotihuacan
-Cholula
-Tula
-Cacaxtla
-Xochicalco
-Mitla

Agree, i just hope Teotihuacan isn't in the Aztec city list this time though (I believe it was in civ4). They might have named the city, but they never lived there, darn it!

Top Bottom