1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So, whats going on?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by FreeTerminus, May 29, 2006.

1. FreeTerminus

FreeTerminus Warlord

Hi :) I read the information thread, but it seems a little..eh, out of date. By my understanding, we should only have 3 cities, but I also understand we recently were victorious in a war against the Mongols...Could someone provide a brief summary of whats gone on?
    Thanks! :)

2. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

We knew that it would only be a matter of time before the Mongolians attacked. So after we had 4 cities, we built up an army. They didn't have horses yet, nor iron iirc, so we launched a preemptive strike. We wanted to leave them with two cities and just declare peace for techs, but they wouldn't give us anything. So we decided to liberate the last two cities and take out all Mongolian government.

Then we found ourselves overstretched and our economy in ruins. We are trying to dig ourselves out right now and debating what goals to set next...

3. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

Yeah. Once the new term starts, I was thinking of offering my services to the new President to help with this. If you're interested in helping, that would be good ;)

Helping write down info for others is a very good way of getting into the Demogame. I'm still a Civ 4 nooby (playing Civ II a bit years ago doesn't count) - I haven't completed my 3rd game yet.. Also, I don't have time at the moment to run for one of the important offices, so I help out with Cartography etc which helps keep me informed about what is happening and I'm learning plenty.

4. FreeTerminus

FreeTerminus Warlord

Hmm, I'll consider it! But another question: Where is the save?

5. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

This should be in the most recent Turnchat thread in the main Demo game forum (link here). If the Turnchat (TC) has not yet been played, then the first post should link to the most recent save. Once the TC has been played, the Designated Player will usually post a link to the latest save (you find this some way down the thread. The link this time is actually to a zip containing 2 save files).

6. FreeTerminus

FreeTerminus Warlord

Hmm. Shouldn't we put the save in some place central? A thread that says "Heres the latest save as of 5/21/14" or whatever?
    Also...I've been thinking...Making a running history of the game is interesting and all, but wouldn't it be more fun if we had a newspaper of some sort?

7. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

we've had three papers. They've all died out. And we don't have a running save place since you can just scroll down the main Demo page to find the latest TC thread.

8. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

There is a really good RPG going in the RPG forum, join it.

NOW!:goodjob:

9. FreeTerminus

FreeTerminus Warlord

Isn't the RPG forum something unrelated to the demogame?

10. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

No, its the demogame, but in a less omniscient point of view, and a more first person....

11. Fetch

Fetch When in doubt, reboot.

Please elaborate...

12. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

The RPG is kind of like D&D. You create a character and do whatever you want. And it's set in the Demo game, so any tech we have in the Demo game you may use, the cities and countries are all copied from the Demo game, etc. Take a look around in the sub-thread.

13. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Theres also a well-developed economy, and you can create business. There is a bank so everyone registered will recieve an account.

14. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

George, you may use thing we can research at the moment too.
    It's very nice playing the RPG.