So what's your "last" Civ IV game like?

RoM2 with AoD, large world with Revolution on. I founded Confusionism for the Morale promotion at holy city, then proceed to War Chief / 4x Light Swordsmen rushed everyone. :lol:

Wish I could remember...my last game of Civ 4 was when they announced that Civ 5 wasn't gonna have SoD's anymore and was going to the glory of hexes, and 1 unit per hex. At that point I couldn't bring myself to play with my stacks no more....

usa 18 civ world map, won a peaceful space victory in the mid 1970's, didn't even go to war with Montezuma..

You know, I've never done a tiny/quick game. I think I'll try one before I go to bed.

3v3 team game with friends, on a standard Inland Sea map.

Two hours in, we Praetorian rushed one of the other guys and conquered his capital. They resigned. We were expecting the game to go into more sessions after Civ5 came out.

Shuffle map, Emperor difficulty, random everything else

I was Washington on an Archipelago map and could trade with Justinian because i was able to see his borders over the ocean. Got GLH and Colossus + 10 ok cities. Was first to astronomy, settled 10 more cities, even won liberalism, teched to communism and democracy and went for space race without any problems. Had no space victory since some games and wanted it peaceful this time. My win was never in danger, even not when Bismarck attacked me with destroyers about 10 turns before i got my oil. To sum it up: Easy and straightforward game :)

I stayed up until 1 in the morning last night to finish my last game, just so I'd be sure of getting it done before Civ V came out. It's truly fitting that it's the highest difficulty game in my HoF... Noble :lol: Ok, so I'll admit I'm not exactly a Civ buff.

It was a standard continents game as Inca. I started on the north-west of my continent, with Cuzco knee-deep in spice tiles... that's a nice bonus for a Financial civ :lol: An early Quecha rush against Japan netted me Kyoto on the other side of the continent, and much of the rest of the early game was spent plugging the gap between my capital and Toku's lands. After crushing the Dutch and claiming the entire continent for myself, I sailed over the ocean and rolled over Kublai's medieval stack with rifles and cavalry. From my base of Mongolia, I then invaded both India and Arabia and got a Domination victory some time in the 1890's.

And, even more fittingly, my last game is the only game of Civ IV other than my very first Time victory on Settler difficulty that I have ever managed to use nukes in ;) Goodbye, Saladin!

Top Bottom