So?...Who got mydoom?

Smash

Super Lurker
Retired Moderator
Its ok you can fess up.You're not that dumb.The social engineering was very clever.
They had the novice users with the "HI I am a worm.Double click me"

But they got the more experienced user with the e-mail undeliverable message.Sneaky

I havn't even seen a copy.Anywhere.Squirrelmail kept all out.Never got 1

My other e-mail is so secret I don't even know the address so I'm not sure how they did

A very juicy story unfolding around this puppy.Lots of intrigue and possible skullduggery.A ticked LINUX fan.SCO themselves.The Russian mafia.This would make a good movie.

I'm far too net savvy now to click on random attachments, but for a few days I got about 20 virus emails a day.

"I don't remember sending that... better leave it alone" :yeah:

Nope, didn't even know that one was out there. :)

well I don't know how it was I was missed.I get spammed up the ying yang at squirrelmail.Figured they had some simple security in place.

The bomb is set to go off on Sunday to bring SCO sitedown.Kinda strange though.SCO doesn't really need their site.The only product they seemingly offer is litigation ;)

I like the Russian theory best.This is all just a diversion to help the spread.The real goal is relays for spam/e-mail to be sold later.This is what kaspersky labs figures..but..wtf do they know? ;)there is one line in mydoom that is un-Russian.It says "andy; I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry"

I'm getting spammed like crazy from this worm. I actually had it on an incoming at work, but our firewall quarantined it. Whoo-hoo. lucky me.

I've gotten about 25 emails in the last three days from this worm. And I know it's not on my machine, as my s/w firewall doesn't let outlook access the internet, in fact the only thing that can get through my firewall without my permission is SETI@home and NAV. Plus there's the hardware firewall we have up.

Personally, I think there's a level of attack that we're not seeing yet. Or they're not talking about. I'm getting these emails from people and domains I've never heard of.

Originally posted by Turner_727
I'm getting spammed like crazy from this worm. I actually had it on an incoming at work, but our firewall quarantined it. Whoo-hoo. lucky me.

I've gotten about 25 emails in the last three days from this worm. And I know it's not on my machine, as my s/w firewall doesn't let outlook access the internet, in fact the only thing that can get through my firewall without my permission is SETI@home and NAV. Plus there's the hardware firewall we have up.

Personally, I think there's a level of attack that we're not seeing yet. Or they're not talking about. I'm getting these emails from people and domains I've never heard of.

Not sure if you're aware, but MyDoom (like most recent viruses) spoofs the sender email address when it emails itself to all the addresses it can find in the PC, so you might be seeing the result of someone else' infected PC when your email address is on their system somewhere.

Also, it looks like it did manage to take down SCO's website, directly or indirectly.

I haven't got it, and haven't ever gotten a Virus through E-mail actually.

I am almost 100% positive that I got a virus through Internet Exploder, I mean "Explorer" of course. Promptly switched to the far better Mozilla since . . .

Hehe, Internet Exploder has since stopped Functioning for me at all . . .

Originally posted by IglooDude

Not sure if you're aware, but MyDoom (like most recent viruses) spoofs the sender email address when it emails itself to all the addresses it can find in the PC, so you might be seeing the result of someone else' infected PC when your email address is on their system somewhere.

Also, it looks like it did manage to take down SCO's website, directly or indirectly.

No, I realize that. I'm just curious as to how they got my address. These are from places I've never heard of. A lot of this looks like they're sniffing the mail servers, trying to get hits on it.

Top Bottom