So why was CFC down (on and off) the last 3 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been down at around 5 AM EST before though.

Exactly my point. Whatever the problem is, it's not that there are too many people online.

The forums' server went busy between 3:11 PM (15:11) - 3:15 PM (15:15) EST.

Earlier I suggested that the forum searching should be temporarily turned off. :shrug:

Maybe its that pesky Russian searchbot that once hit my site.

Earlier I suggested that the forum searching should be temporarily turned off. :shrug:

Automated searching is probably what needs to be limited. Users should be able to run a search query to find stuff they are looking for. It would be too tedious to just go page by page or continually see repost after repost.

Down at 17:22 EST Back now

An down again.

It could be something attacking other websites on the server, since I highly doubt CFC has its own dedicated server.

Or just the server in general. Earlier this year my site went down for 15 minutes because there was some DDoS and someone hit the wrong button (or something like that).

Or just the server in general. Earlier this year my site went down for 15 minutes because there was some DDoS and someone hit the wrong button (or something like that).

i hope that was isolated for you. the ones here are definitely not, being so frequent for a while now.

No my site has nothing to do with CFC. I mean someone was attacking the server center. They were trying to stop it and accidentally turned off the connection... I dont recall exactly.

No my site has nothing to do with CFC. I mean someone was attacking the server center. They were trying to stop it and accidentally turned off the connection... I dont recall exactly.

i was guessing you meant your own site, not something here. i was just saying in comparison i hope your downtimes arent several times a day like they have been on CFC.

No. On the old webhost it could be. But the old webhost died so I moved and now very little downtime except for when I am doing maintenance on it and turn the website off.

I haven't noticed any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom