SoI Domination Challenge

you're right, i forgot about that
but anyways, their starting army in Tranjordan kinda surprised me :lol:

has anyone of you ever tried the ghaznavids with the indian title? combined with their original core&border their "stable" provinces should be almost big enough for that 25% and most of it is not even harrassed by the mongols.

has anyone of you ever tried the ghaznavids with the indian title? combined with their original core&border their "stable" provinces should be almost big enough for that 25% and most of it is not even harrassed by the mongols.
this combo i tried with seljuks but failed(bad economics)

I figure that Ghazna might be better for that. Their position for that is excellent and their early start gives the chance to develop those rich indian cities to keep up the economy. Their UB and UP are also really helpful.

The idea was to capture India early on, spread Hinduism as fast as possible and to change to Hindu then to get the title. Ghazna is perfectly situated to become the military center. The conquered part of India was mainly supposed to take care of the economy.

I settled Ghazna, Chaman and Bost (Bost for horses). I send 1 HA to the west to capture indie-workers, the other two and the two swordmen went straight to Multan.
I captured several workers which was really essential to build the most important roads (especially that one to Punjab) and to improve that vast land.
Build SM and Heroic Epic in Ghazna, Rani Ki Vav in Lahore and Royal Mint in Dilli.
I captured Multan, Lahore, Dilli, Herat and Zaranj before the Seljuk spawn (refused flip of Herat).
I did no research but i got that agriculture tech and caste-system by trade (also some other less important ones).
The starting civics were a little annoying(monarchy, slavery, theocracy); i would have liked to change those 3 after i captured the first Indian cities.

Its easy to finish 2/3 UHV in 1180 so thats the perfect time to start to finish. I started capturing the Seljuk territory right after the Ghorids. Capitulated Khwarezmia (already capitulated Malwa earlier) and changed to Caste-System during the GA to expand the newly conquered area as fast as possible. Culture slider was up as well of course.
Unluckily Ajmer respawned in 1204 (or around that), but it didnt really hurt.

Development
Ghazna_1.jpg
Ghazna_2.jpg
Ghazna_3.jpg
Ghazna_4.jpg

Other:
Ghazna_Score.jpg
Ghazna_Vic.jpg

:D
Ghazna on silver, Chaman and Bost. Capture N.Hindustan(only single defender in all indie cities). Royal Archive and N.E. in Ghazna, Royal Mint and H.E. in Lahore.
Lucky with +1:food:, +1:commerce: event near Bost.
Ghazna start HoW and SM, other - workers. No tech at start. Hire all mercs.
Block spawn Peshawar, later Hormuz, raze Bamian(i'm not from Taliban:rolleyes:)
Kill Soomro, keep only 2 city in Sindh(Tatta, Mansura).
Attack Seljuks in two directions at once(Zaranj-Kerman-Esfahan and Marv-Mashhad). Clear Khwarezm core(- Bukhara, Samarqand and Khodjend), so i easy capitulated this dynasty.
Ghorids flip nothing, after losing Kabul they lost the main stack in the attack against the garrison of Lahore.
Bulbed 1 Great Artist in town in the Pamir pass.

The development of the Middle East:
Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

P.S. Indie kick me from Mekkah :( i tried more 10 save/load, but two usual horseman kill my merc HA with 3 strength promotion without chances...

damn it, i beat the old one by more than 70 years and you just follow up by another almost 30 years :D
basically it just shows that the ghaznawids haven't been played to their fullest yet(or at least until your try). i think there is still some air for improvement in that india-way. my first golden age was that one in 1180, it could have been the last one. maybe there is a way to repeat the same with starting before the ghorid spawn. think i'm gonna try it again some day...

anyway, definatly: really good job :goodjob:

basically it just shows that the ghaznawids haven't been played to their fullest yet(or at least until your try). i think there is still some air for improvement in that india-way. my first golden age was that one in 1180, it could have been the last one.
Conquer or vassalize Abbasids, Armenian lands and Hejaz look good also;) spawn more Great Artist for cultural bomb, build city like Turbat, Yazd, Otrar (1N, 1N1E and 1E) on unusual spot for better culture covering, found many dumb cities like Torbat-e-Jam and Bam/Fahraj with 100%:culture:

Jusos2108, where the city is located between Mukalla and Mokka?
I will planning to settle on citrus(Ahwar), but i don't tested this before:)

Try to found interesting configuration for Yemen.
Cities placement:
Spoiler :

Other unusual cities:
  • Palestine - Sur on barley;
  • Jezira - Dayr az-Zawr 1W oil (2W better, cover wheat);
  • Mereb Mellash - Debarwa 1S dates;
Vassals - Oman, Buids(after complete Castles quest), capitulated - Georgia and Mamluks. Bulbed 3 GA (Marv, Herat, Sanandaj).
Build farm on horse near Madinah, 8 pop without Stables quest:D
Other as usual - hire CA at start, capture Hejaz, next Iraq, found Duba and Hama...

Good events:
Spoiler :

Revolt in Madinah:

Discovered gold near Mosul:

Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

I followed your steps pretty much, except that I ventured deeper into India, which granted me the victory a bit earlier. I am pretty sure this can be improved further still.

Middle East:

Spoiler :

Other:

Spoiler :

Ajmer build Tharri and Abbasids don't build How&SM:
Spoiler :

So i settled Mansura 1W and Daybul(Karachi), 3rd settler was went to Gwadar spot.
Bonus army after Ajmer refuse flip help me a lot.Vassals - Oman and Ghorids - both capitulated.
Spoiler :

Other pics:
Spoiler :

its doable before 1100 :D

last record was 1117, basically before the zengid-spawn. to impove that i tried to finish before the PoA spawn which worked out pretty well :).
no crusaders meant that there was no need to worry about the levante at all and i could just conquer it completely without razing any city. i kept mediocre antioch and edessa because i didn't really had the time to build any settlers in the beginning. getting the horse north of antioch early on was pretty helpful too. i then conquered the buyid-provinces that don't flip to the seljuks quite soon after their spawn and armenia&georgia.
i had some tough economical issues before the seljuk spawn and basically avoided going bankrupt by conquering new cities and selling artefacts to the byzantines. for some reasons i found almost every christian relic in the first couple of turns but hardly any muslim ones :rolleyes:

capitulated fatimids, seljuks and turks. unfortunatly, georgia and ghazna preferred elimination over capitulation :(

had to conquer 27% probably because of the death of those stubborn ones above.

build HoW, sm, NE & al azhar in bagdad (on wheat), HE in gundeshapur and Narekavank in Al-Quds.

abbasid1.jpgabbasid2.jpgabbasid3.jpgabbasid4.jpg

abbasid_wincon.jpg
abbasidscore.jpg

pretty straight forward expanding. rolled a start with HoW&SM already build and hamadan and kermanshah already settled.

made peace with the buyids asap and conquered the abbasids first. buyids collapsed anyway couple of turns later. settled and conquered as much as possible. with kutlug-timur and SM the economy was doing fine and i had about 5.500 gold at 1140 (no teching).
kermanshah build HE, Esfahan and Baghdad became the great person generators

vasselized turks and zengids. capitulated khwarezm and armenia.
i planned to finish at around 1180. i realized a little too late that it was doable before and started to finish too late. i still had ~3000 gold, some more turns of Golden Age and several cities still in revolt when i finished; so, there is defininetly some air for improvement.

Seljuk_dev1.jpgSeljuk_dev2.jpgSeljuk_dev3.jpgSeljuk_dev4.jpg

Seljuk_score.jpg
Seljuk_top_cities.jpg
Seljuk_vic.jpg

I have a problem IRL, and I will not be able to compete soon(planned to return in summer)
GLHF with new records! :)

Founded Aswan, captured Soba, then founded Meroe.
Captured Alexandria and spread Sunni to Tungul, then captured Tarsos.
Founded Duba and captured Medina, Mecca and Tyre for 10 cities.
Capitulate Fatimids and liberate all of lower Egypt to them. They become Solid and stay this way, preventing Ayyubids from spawning. Founded Muqatta to get back to 10 cities. Georgia vassalised around Rum spawn. Eliminated PoA and smashed KoJ but allowed Fatimids to capture Jerusalem.
Teched all the way to Heavy Lancers and in mid-1150s began expansion phase. Used 10x Great People for 4x Golden Ages, followed in 1200AD by 2/3 UHV Golden Age for fifth GA set and final turns.
Conquered Byzantines, Rum, Zengids, Abbasids and then Buyids. Capitulated Seljuks and liberated back their cities to get the final land requirement. Forgot about Yemen, never actually fought with them.
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 421
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 425
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 441
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG