[SOLVED] Game is crashing after skipping loading video.

gunslinger6792

Warlord
:mad:I've recently unistalled and reinstalled my game and apon doing this the game has decided it wants to start crashing after either the loading video is done or if i skip the loading video. Either way the game crashes and I have no clue whats causing it. I have deleated all my mods but this seems to have no effect. The only thing i can think of was that earlier i accidently set my sid meiers civ 5 folder in my documents to hidden on accident. this has been fixed(i believe) i can see the folder and the data in it now. either way i've logged over 1000 hours into this game and I've never had this problem and I'm at a complete loss as to whats causing.

PS. I have gods and kings installed and i have already tried changing to the skipintro line to 1 which has no effect since the game crashes after the intro movie.

First thing to try is to verify the cache files (Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache). If any files are replaced, repeat the process until no problems are found. Please post again if that doesn't help.

First thing to try is to verify the cache files (Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache). If any files are replaced, repeat the process until no problems are found. Please post again if that doesn't help.

unfortantatly i was unable to test your advice i had deleated and then reinstalled steam before reading your comment. after reinstalling steam (call it a hunch) and then reinstalling civ V the game now works without a hich. Unfortently that leaves not knowing what caused this in the first place.

unfortantatly i was unable to test your advice i had deleated and then reinstalled steam before reading your comment. after reinstalling steam (call it a hunch) and then reinstalling civ V the game now works without a hich. Unfortently that leaves not knowing what caused this in the first place.

No problem. My next suggestion would have been to reinstall everything.

(I'll move this thread to Tech Support, since it doesn't appear to have been a bug.)

Top Bottom