Some crashing and lag problems

SavioursSamurai

Chieftain
The following issues are rather nebulous problems that I have noticed with RFC Europe that continue to crop up:

First, I've found that the game crashes a lot. Often, if I get to a certain point in the game, usually late game, the game will often crash. Even if I reload and play a again, it will crash at the exact same point. Often, moving a unit in a different direction/resting all units, or basically just changing how I play the turn, will prevent the crash from occurring, but sometimes even that doesn't work. I've sometimes had to give up and retry the game from the start.

Now for the very nebulous issue: I have had a very weird lagging problem show up on my computer two different times now, and I think it's connected to RFC Europe somehow. Basically, after playing RFC Europe for several months, civ starts to seriously lag. Both times this happened, the lag started when I played RFC Europe, but affected all Civ IV games and mods. The only way I've found to remove it is to completely uninstall Civ IV, including all save games, and reinstalling the game. Last time I was able to bring back my save games from my backup drive. After this second instance, I haven't brought back the save games, so I don't know if they will work. I think the lag happens after RFC Europe crashes enough times, which could be damaging the config file. If someone could help with this issue, and determine if it is related to RFC Europe of not, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in the year 1137 playing as the Venetians and whenever I try to advance to the next turn, the game crashes.

This mod seems to be very buggy, I think I will stick with DoC and Sword of Islam.

RFCE can have MAF crashes on 32-bit OSs due to the large map and many cities.

Top Bottom