1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Something wrong with Babylon

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Atoll, Dec 22, 2011.

1. PGM

PGM Chieftain

Hadn't noticed that. It's yet another bug then, as I didn't rename it.
    Are you referring to the 5000 culture? One hint: Great Artist ;)

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

I cannot check the save here, but did you move your initial settler ? If so, it's not Babylon

3. PGM

PGM Chieftain

Ouch! Yes I did, I founded the city in turn 2. Ok that probably explains it, although it doesn't make much sense imo. Thanks.

4. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Chieftain

That explains it then. As the previous poster mentioned, you did not found Babylon but the city of Ashur.

The Babylonian UHV, as well as the French one (and some others?) require the UHV city to be the one where you stand right at the beginning. So even if you rename Ashur to Babylon it will not validate the UHV.

5. PGM

PGM Chieftain

Too bad that isn't mentioned in the scenario information, it would have saved me a few headaches :D
    Thanks again!

6. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Chieftain

That sucks because Ashur is a much better starting position than settling in place.

7. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

I managed it, on Viceroy, then Persia spawned and wanted my second-best city. Oracled Feudalism (was planning for Monarchy, but got it just before) and I refused the flip, forgetting that the Immortals get 50% bonus against my longbows and I gave up. Maybe I could have won, but I forgot where the save was. Was easily going to get most cultured with both SH and Oracle (if I survived!), HR would help with population.

8. TheSunIsDark

TheSunIsDark Settled Great Scientist

I managed a Historical Victory in 100 turns with them in RFC-DOC (same UHVs), the one holding me back was the "first to discover Code of Laws" because I didn't know that you could only get techs from your current era from The Oracle. Should have left it until Monarchy finished. Played an OCC for all but the last two turns.

Attached Files:

9. youtien

youtien Lyricist

Send 1 warrior to harass China from start, they won't stand a chance.

10. Javiar

Javiar Chieftain

That doesnt sound like it makes much sense though, if I am trying to "play as Babylon". I am trying to immerse myself as a ruler of Babylon. Why would I send a warrior to china, far off land, just to kill some workers? I think the historical victories should at least be possible if you were playing as immersion based, doing things that make sense historically. I don't think historical babylon would be sending warriors to china, so why would a historical victory near require it? Perhaps I look at the game differently, I do not try to "min max" when playing Ryse and Fall

11. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation Politicus Correctosaurus

I suppose you cant just remame it from Asur to Babili? I have tried couple of times and failed. Now I am ready try the harrasment strategy :)...

12. ales_

ales_ Viceroy

The renaming doesn't work. Even, when in some cases there are several tiles with this name possible, it will only count one specific tile.