Soundcard annoyances

beegrod

Chieftain
I play CIV III on an AMD Athlon 1GHz pro, 256 MB RAM, Voodoo 5 and Soundblaster PCI512. Everything works great apart from the sound which 'flutters','echoes' or 'repeats' whenever music or sound effects are played. Can anybody tell me the source/fix for this very annoying problem?

I think this only happens when the sound is played through my CD Rom as it happens with musical CD's as well. Anybody?

I get this incredibly annoying "chirping" sound in the music sometimes. This happened on my old system with an Aureal Vortex2 and my new one with onboard sound on the mobo, so I'm not sure wtf the deal is. Normally if I save and reload it goes away.

bst it's best to disable your onboard sound and only use your soundcard otherwise you'll create a device conflict and have serious sound problems:)

I don't have a sound card anymore. That was my old system. My new one only has onboard sound. I only brought up the old system to show that I have had the same problem on 2 completely different systems. Anyway, anyone else get that chirping noise? Sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom