Space Armarda; The War for Terra!

PTW uses bix's (and it decompressed and loaded fine), C3C uses biq's, as far as I can tell. In any case, I tried it (started as the Neutrals), and after the Warshuttle tech, I opened the city screen for my second city, and went to click on the que list, and it just exited... It didn't crash, just went to the desktop... I have no clue why, since the other city's que opened just fine and had the same options exactly. Just thought you'd like to know. Aside from that it was entertaining, but I can't say much more 'cause I didn't get to play very long.

I thought as much about PTW editor not being able to handle .biq files. So as promised here'd the original .bix file:

Attachments

• SA-PTW.ZIP
    77.4 KB · Views: 128
Guagle said:
I thought as much about PTW editor not being able to handle .biq files. So as promised here'd the original .bix file:

Wow! Thanks Guagle, I didn't think it'd be possible to recover any of the zip file so I've not looked at this thread for a month or so.
It's great to see that all my work was not wasted and I'm happy to hear that people have enjoyed the early progress. :D

I'm unemployed at the moment but as soon as I'm working again I'll try to get things sorted so that I can start work on the Alpha.

regarding some of the comments;

Ships upgrade. I didn't realy get around to testing them all very much but I'm sure that as there are a few different ways that ships can be used (in system, interstellar, etc..) there should be plenty of use for them all. Just needs more testing. Did I include an animation for the light hugger to shoot forward rather than one set up for rotating? I can't remember.

Food in space. Eventualy I'll give the mod a full interface overhaul, including turning food into solar energy.

Asteroids. originally I did use larger asteroids,but they didn't look so good. Shouldn't be a difficult one to fix though.

Starting location. This was all a bit messed up because I did it in a rush. I want to make war sats available from the very begining and place one or two in each starting city, should stop the early war rush. I had thought of starting the mod a few decades later with just two civs in the Sol system and the others with small collonies in nearby systems.

Corruption. need to include a really cheap forbidden palace small wonder to allow a secondary solar system to be conquered. The idea would be that each civ would be likley to have two main solar systems with little corruption and a bunch of others with high corruption which will be used mainly for capturing resources (I've not really finished the resource list yet, and trading resources between systems won't be available untill the second era).

Planets and solar system layouts. I had not finished setting out the different solar systems when I posted the scenario because I was still researching the make up of real life solar systems. For example it is actualy a known scientific fact that alpha centuri and proxima centuri have no gas giants and no planets at all beyond 2 AUs from the system's stars (about the distance from the sun to mars or the asteroid belts). this will be the same for all binary systems, and in fact the only other system likely to have gas giants -other than Sol- is epsilon eridani. I need to do more research on this though.

Star lanes, I'm going to give all interstellar ships good attack but lower deffence to allow them to easily break "blockades" in the early eras. Later you will have interstallar guardians and shileded fortresses which can be place on the star lanes to protect your boundaries. for now you can use outposts to monitor travel between systems.

Civlopedia entries. along with all text this will be fleshed out to cover fully all the ships governments and (eventually) all the new city improvemnets I plan to make. remember this is only a Beta, the final version should be much better.

Welcome back Smoke! I haven't played the mod for a while but I'm glad to hear you will back to working on it soon. The main problems I had with it were the upgrade lines (I'm sure you made some mistakes here, most lines made no sense at all) and the cramped starting locations. Fortunately, those should both be easy fixes.

Top Bottom