1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Colonization modmod

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by pepper2000, Jan 22, 2016.

1. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

OK, so looks like about another factor of 2X increase needed for most space colonies, and more on the moon. I will think some more about how to do that.

I'm a little surprised. For the bulk of development for those two zones, the balanced seems to have been pretty good. But later buildings get more expensive, and originally I had planned that new content at Mars and Venus would more or less be done by Planetary Terraforming.

Will do. I don't think anyone wants to retain the mechanism as is.

Will do.

I had intended to do this but forgot. It's back on my to-do list.

Good question.

2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Culture distance tag in terrain still has insane values - it shouldn't be 20 only 2 or so.
    This essentially block cultural expansion with realistic cultures on.

3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

These new fire control buildings are pretty lit
    Earthly cities have fire properties between 320 and 470 in my end of time savegame.
    3 fire control buildings can lower it by 190 in total.
    There are 2 more in line that together lower it further by 150.
    Total reduction is 340 units with all new fireproofing buildings.

4. Harrier

Harrier Deity

You should never be able to reduce fire control to zero. Fires happen all the time, for varied reasons. So total properties 470 with possible reduction of 340 imo may be to high. .

5. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

You might have zero fires if you have subatomic hyperintelligent robots that can go back in time.

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Hmm we could get antifire building with -200 fire property at hyper intelligence. Also some education modifying buildings, that would push education to max in all cities.
    In transcendent era all properties should be crushed to oblivion, that is no fire, pollution, disease, max tourism and education.

7. tmv

tmv Emperor

I suppose that would be highly civic dependent. Yes, there should be civics where you can do this, but there should also be civics that crush education and increase pollution. If you think it couldn't happen, where have you been in the last 1 - 2 years (and how can I get there)? :)

Raven Destroyer likes this.
  8. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Prince

9. armenia4ever

armenia4ever Chieftain

So this is already part of the SVN versions and that I dont need to download the files mentioned in the first post, correct?

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

11. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Yes, everything has been ported to the SVN and the files in this thread will not work with recent SVN's.

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Can some space colony buildings act as Metropolitian Administration, when it comes to third workable ring?
    Currently it is impossible for space colonies to work on extra radius, if game option, that makes Metropolitan Administration additional requirement to certain culture level is enabled.
    That gameoption essentially shifts possible expansion to third ring to somewhere in Reneissance or so.

There are five buildings representing levels of economy advancement starting in late Nanotech era (cislunar).
    You had plans on first post to include such buildings in earlier eras starting in Renaissance:
    Scientific - Renaissance Era, Industrial (era), Global - Modern era, Information (era)
    Are you going to make these buildings, or are plans abandoned for earlier eras?

13. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

That's a good idea. I'll check how the Metro Admin effect works and if it isn't too complicated, might add it to some of the existing buildings.

Thanks for reminding me; I had forgotten all about that. I kinda like the idea but am not sure there is much reason to. If fact, I'm not using the future economy buildings in the way I had intended either, which was originally to serve as a proxy for building requirements and streamline the requirement chains, which were getting quite cumbersome in the future eras.

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

That would definitely boost space colonies, as every terrain/feature can have improvements on it :)
    Also outer solar system in my space map would have better utilized space.

So basically these buildings work as milestone points allowing to do big projects now instead of cutting dependency lines.

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You may want to look at some improvements and their build times.
    For example Helioformed Brown Star should be built only on brown dwarf feature and red dwarf terrain.
    Can be neutron stars placed in Transtellar space just like white dwarfs and black holes are placed here? Edit: Neutron Stars are Milky Way category, so they are can be placed only in Orion Arm and Milky Way terrains.

Why Lunar Worker and Lunar Bulldozer aren't Space Worker category?
    Why Hyperspace Bunker can be built by Cosmic Workers, that can't go into hyperspace instead of Chronoforming Ships?

Why Interstellar Workcraft can make Pararell Universe improvements?
    These improvements can be done only in Universal/Distant/Hyperspace plots, where this unit can't leave Galactic plots.

Also Cosmic Worker while can make Parallel Universe improvement in Universal/Distant plots it can't go to Hyperspace, where this improvement could be buildable.

Interstellar Workcraft can't build Intergalactic Colony, as its limited to Galactic plots, while Intergalactic can be created in Universal plots.

Why Construction Ship has unit class of Settler instead of Space Worker?
    It can't make cities, just improvements.

It seems like there is naming inconsistency for Lunar and Martian Woorker Build Action -> name of Improvement.

Martian Worker (build action - improvement name)
    Colony Habitat (Small - Small) - Lunar Colonization
    Colony Habitat (Medium - Small) - Lunar Manufacturing
    Colony Habitat (Medium - Large) - Planetary Colonization
    Colony Habitat (Huge - Huge) - Planetary Manufacturing

Lunar Worker:
    Colony Manufactory (Colony Extraction Facility) - Lunar Colonization

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

@pepper2000 I found a lot of bugs related to improvement/worker related stuff, when i was making guide.

17. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

OK, thanks for pointing these out. I will address them in my next update, whenever that turns out to be.

18. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

And done. Thanks a lot for pointing out these issues.

raxo2222 likes this.
  19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Why colony habitats are buildable on Lunar terrain if only Martian Worker can make them?

Also Lunar Workers build action "Build a Colony Manufactory" (there is two of them), that builds Colony Extraction Facility should be renamed to improvement name.

Updated guide according to these fixes.

Biotic Galaxy should be buildable only on galaxy features in Local Group and Virgo Supercluster sectors - you terraform existing galaxies.

Why Intergalactic Colony isn't buildable in Local Group?

Can I place Neutron Stars in Milky Way zone and Asteroid Terrain (representing Near Earth asteroids) in Inner Solar System zone?

Titan has their own - Titanic plots.
    Are there workers, that can enter on this type of plot?
    Also Methane Ocean could be sorted as Titanic plot too.

Can black hole and supermassive black hole feature use green fallout texture?
    Currently they are invisible as if they didn't had any graphics.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller