Spaceships, 1st era (19-05-05)

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
Spaceships!
Hi All, gonna be moving house soon and will not be using this PC so I'm trying to finish off all my different graphics projects and post whats made for other people's use. Don't expect INI files, Small PCX or sound effects as I just don't have the time to do something that others could do easily in the process of adding the graphics to thier mod.

Anyway here are the Spaceships I made for my Space armarda mod. I will probably be returning to this after I move, and deffinately when Civ 4 comes out.

#ZERO Aerospace fighters
Some fighter planes equiped with scram jets, and manuvering rockets enabling them to go in to space. Not incredibly usefull, but has the advantage of being able to be transported to new systems on a star ship. (and so can protect your settler pods from barbarian attack).

Files

#1 War Shuttle
A small shuttle with a laser, the first spaceship ypu'd be likely to get. Not able to cross interstellar distances.

Flicks here...

#2 Sattelite deffence system
A deffensive unit for protecting your planets and threatening ground troops.

Flicks here...

#3 Corvette
A more expensive spaceship, good speed and big guns. Also good radar.

Flicks found here

#4 Cruiser
The first era battleship, lots of guns but needs extensive infrastructure to construct.

Files here...

#5 Linear Launcher
The first era artlliery, used for bombarding static or orbiting targets from a distance.

Files

#6 Fighter Upgrade
An upgrade to the Aerospace fighter. Using an advanced AI as pilot the fighters are able to make turns and acceleration impossible with human fighter pilots.

Files here

#7 Starship
The first true interstellar ship. It's tough armour is needed to protect it from high speed impacts with space debris, but it also allows it to aproach very close and vent plasma from it's fusion reactor using it's docking claws as an attack.

Flicks here...

#8 Missiles...
Two kinds of missiles, nuclear and antimatter missiles, only the explosion is different.

All flicks

And here is a kind of spaceship done by VIKING YETI And donated to the mod at a late stage.
#9 Coreship
The core ship is usefull for scouting, tactical command and scientific examination as it has a rotating internal section allowing for partial gravity. It has a large energy weapon.

Files for download

I've used Black for the civlopedia pics as it's more appropriate for starships, and shows up the details better. I may get around to posting a few others before I move, but maybe not... I'd particulaly like to make some fighters to go the larger ships.

Enjoy!
P.S. Some more ships further down in my next post. I'm going to try to put together a beta test for my Space Armarda project this week so I can continue work on it when I move. Same goes for the The mars mod If I have time...

It's more of a generic shuttle realy. :) It was one of my first units with Open FX and I had a lot of problems with both modeling and texturing.
Many of these were produced several month ago and were never posted in thier finished forms. Some just needed a small pallette change.

More units...

#10 Worker satelite
Heres the general worker unit, what more is there to say?

Files here

#11 Lighthugger
A starship for the very end of the first era, with large outrigger twin antimatter engines and a large hyperdiamond body section it can also use it's large engine scoops to pick up interstellar hydrogen to power an onboard city full of crew men and women.
The lighthugger design changes very little over the next era, though it can be upgraded with internal changes for faster transit times as it edges closer & closer to LS.

Files here...

Here's a preview of the Starship animations;

I have use for a lot of these! Thanks a ton. I had better hurry and get my mod finished before December!

Top Bottom