Spain/inca ua, uu, & ub

I do have to hand it to Firaxis, they know how to throw a bloody awesome curveball. First the GG replacement, then a military unit that can found cities (Should be an achievement, 'Found a city with a Conquistador') and a Unique Improvement.

At that point, I feel like saying 'Would you be interested in a punch to the face?'

Haha it's true. No spanish leader yet, but I speak german and "Es wäre in eurem interesse..." each time you open the window gets to your nerfs :p

Unique Ability: Seven Cities of Gold
Gold bonus for discovering a Natural Wonder (bonus enhanced if first to discover it). Culture, happiness, and tile yields from Natural Wonders doubled.

So you can get 20:c5happy: from the Fountain of Youth? *shudder*

That Gold bonus may be game-breaking, depending on just how large it is.

Won't be buying spain I think. Maybe Inca. This could be a wait and see about expansion job (I can wait a year or so...).

One thing I want to know is how this will affect SGs. Will it be like the Delux debacle if one member hasthese but not another?

I do really like the idea of the unique tile improvement!

So you can get 20:c5happy: from the Fountain of Youth? *shudder*

That Gold bonus may be game-breaking, depending on just how large it is.

Spain with fountain of youth is going to be ridiculous. +20 happiness is colossal, and then add the fact that the fountain of youth can make every one of your units a unique unit (x2 healing rate). Jeez o_O

Won't be buying spain I think. Maybe Inca. This could be a wait and see about expansion job (I can wait a year or so...).

One thing I want to know is how this will affect SGs. Will it be like the Delux debacle if one member hasthese but not another?

What will you do in a year when you discover there will never be expansion or the expansion don't come with any civs and that DLC civs are just carried over !

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to have to actually study for my exam tomorrow if they don't hurry up and release this ;)

Well I'd be pretty suprised if it wasn't still possible to get hold of the DLC in a years time so I'd just buy it I guess. Maybe ;)

As for if there isn't an expansion, I would also be pretty suprised by this. Even games with DLC sell expansion packs as it makes money and extends interest in the product. Of course the "expansion pack" may well be a DLC itself but that would still count in my mind.

That'll work, when they're in the same DLC.

21:c5happy:. 1 for finding the sucker.

Wouldn't that be 2 :c5happy:, since it is Spain we are talking about? So 22 :c5happy:?

I do not think that Spain is overpowered, anyway. They get one or two natural wonders in their territory if they do not greatly expand, and the money is one-time. Probably the 500 once or twice a game and 100 for each of the rest, 1000 if it is the GBR. So yes, a good start money-wise, and changing bonuses depending on which natural wonders they have in their territory, not more.

I ended up finally DLing the patch and DLC and started a game as "Lord Isabella" on Emperor. Lord? Sheesh... anyways..
I sent my first trireme out to explore the world and lo and behold it found the Great Barrier Reef! I was the first to find it and yay $500! The next turn I moved the boat and hey... I found the GBR... the first to find it and got ANOTHER $500. A few turns later I discovered it again! WTF?

Of course....about another hour into the game it crashes....
Just curious if anyone else has experience this Wonder discovery issue.

The GBR is two tiles long, and each one counts as a separate wonder. It has been like this since release.

I ended up finally DLing the patch and DLC and started a game as "Lord Isabella" on Emperor. Lord? Sheesh... anyways..
I sent my first trireme out to explore the world and lo and behold it found the Great Barrier Reef! I was the first to find it and yay $500! The next turn I moved the boat and hey... I found the GBR... the first to find it and got ANOTHER $500. A few turns later I discovered it again! WTF?

Of course....about another hour into the game it crashes....
Just curious if anyone else has experience this Wonder discovery issue.

The Reef always comes in a pair I think, but 3 of them!? Never seen that and haven't had this rediscovery issue so far playing as Isabella either.

The GBR is two tiles long, and each one counts as a separate wonder. It has been like this since release.

Definitely the motherlode for Spain then... I must've been mistaken about the third time but I swear I saw it more than twice. My bad...

Top Bottom