Special Turn Session for Tech Trades - 1725 B.C. - Aug. 29 - 10:15PM CST, 3:15AM GMT

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Please note the above GMT time is for Aug. 30 - I ran out of room in the topic...

By Decree of the President, a special session will be held at 10:15 PM CST on August 29, 2005. This session will be used to execute the trades in this poll, and is called in response to support for such a session expressed in the official Presidential thread.

The save that will be used to execute the trade is the 1725 BC save from the previous turnchat.

This will be an online session.

The session will be cancelled if the aforementioned poll on the proposed trade fails, OR if a large number of people express concern with this planned chat and call for a cancellation.

President Octavian X wil be the DP. If he is absent, a substitute will be chosen from officials present, in the order of Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade & Tech as outlined by the Code of Laws. If none of those are present, any citizen from the DP pool may execute the trade.

For the record, the following is the proposed trade at hand:

Germany: Iron Working for Writing + 2 Gold
Persia: The Wheel + Gold (they have lots and we should get some) for Iron Working
France (they appear to be the cheapest): Warrior Code for Gold.

This should get us Iron Working, The Wheel and Warrior Code without having to spend too much gold.

Octavian X said:
Please note the above GMT time is for Aug. 30 - I ran out of room in the topic...

By Decree of the President, a special session will be held at 10:15 PM CST on August 29, 2005. This session will be used to execute the trades in this poll, and is called in response to support for such a session expressed in the official Presidential thread.

The save that will be used to execute the trade is the 1725 BC save from the previous turnchat.

This will be an online session.

The session will be cancelled if the aforementioned poll on the proposed trade fails, OR if a large number of people express concern with this planned chat and call for a cancellation.

President Octavian X wil be the DP. If he is absent, a substitute will be chosen from officials present, in the order of Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade & Tech as outlined by the Code of Laws. If none of those are present, any citizen from the DP pool may execute the trade.

For the record, the following is the proposed trade at hand:

Just a small point of order: it's under my understanding that perhaps only the first two trades should be done, as they are dependent upon each other firstly and in very high demand. The third trade was coupled with the others and while I'm pretty sure it would be fine, I would suggest that we hold off on that until perhaps we get a clearer picture if it's truly desired.

Gerikes said:
Just a small point of order: it's under my understanding that perhaps only the first two trades should be done, as they are dependent upon each other firstly and in very high demand. The third trade was coupled with the others and while I'm pretty sure it would be fine, I would suggest that we hold off on that until perhaps we get a clearer picture if it's truly desired.

i feel it depends on how much it costs for WC from the french as well as how much we get for IW from the persians. i still think we should go through with all 3 trades, or as i said before, research WC first it will only take 5 turns then philo or lit.

The 3rd trade should be done, but it is not essential to do it in the special session as it does not in itself show us more information which we need to make decisions (the first 2 reveal resources). Warrior code would open up Horse Back Riding as an option - we do not know if any of the Civs have that.

Advantage of doing all three trades: we see if a Civ has HBR before the next session

Disadvantage of doing all three trades: we don't yet know how much the third will cost us.

edit: to sum up, I would prefer to see all 3 trades carried out in this session.

We've been going low slider rate and have been hoarding money, we've gott to use the money in some way, and this right here is the best way. All three trades would be AWESOME to get done in the session!

Furiey said:
The 3rd trade should be done, but it is not essential to do it in the special session as it does not in itself show us more information which we need to make decisions (the first 2 reveal resources). Warrior code would open up Horse Back Riding as an option - we do not know if any of the Civs have that.

I agree with this...

I will not beable to attend because I'll be in bed sleeping for school the next day....:(

Was this game session played? i think it should of happened 6 hours ago but im not sure. Im going to bed in a sec and i am meant to play the save when i get up. Can the most recent save be posted in the instruction thread. Also instructions would be nice mr president.

Stuck_as_a_Mac said:
I would like to make a motion that someone play this preturn offline and just get this done.

Furiey, if we could?

If we can blow out 23 turns in 37 minutes, then this session should take, what, 90 seconds? We'll need to have a DP who is a bit more careful, however.

For reference:
Session Start: Fri Aug 26 13:05:04 2005
Session Ident: #turnchat
* Logging #turnchat to 'logs\Chat5.irc-chat'
<SaaM> Log on

23 turns later......

* Disconnected
Session Close: Fri Aug 26 13:42:48 2005

Well, since we are all breaking the law for posting in an official thread..... :lol:

I am in the same position as you, Furiey....at least for another day or so. However, I believe it is too close to the official session to even play this one out. As far as I am concerned, this special session is a lost opportunity and should be cancelled outright.

So what to do about the knowledge of resources gained by these trades? Do we let our elected DP continue the game despite the necessary discussion we should have? Or do we cut an elected DPs only session (he didn't sign on for Term 2 :( ) short?

Donovan Zoi said:
Well, since we are all breaking the law for posting in an official thread..... :lol:
Ooops :blush:, frustration getting the better of me again (and first day back at work after 2 weeks off has not been good :aargh: )

Donovan Zoi said:
I am in the same position as you, Furiey....at least for another day or so. However, I believe it is too close to the official session to even play this one out. As far as I am concerned, this special session is a lost opportunity and should be cancelled outright.
I have to agree, with only 2 hours to go :sad: .....

Donovan Zoi said:
So what to do about the knowledge of resources gained by these trades? Do we let our elected DP continue the game despite the necessary discussion we should have? Or do we cut an elected DPs only session (he didn't sign on for Term 2 :( ) short?
We really should have that discussion - can we afford to miss Iron or Horses? And I don't want the decisions to start being made in the chat! The next Settler from Camelot is due in 3 turns, so I suppose we could go until then without problems. DS has yet to post instructions though, so in that case the DP has complete control of the city and queue, so the DP could decide to delay it, but we also need our cities built ASAP so that would not be a good plan either. I know how much trouble Nobody has gone to to get set up for the session, but we do need that discussion so I can see little alternative but for a short session :( .

Top Bottom