SPOILER 5-man smashmouth TheRat/RobiD thread

Can you take the warrior NW of the city to have a look near the wheat so we can have a better idea of the surrounds.

exactly what I planned, the warrior is on the way south to explore the wheat area as we would want to settle there (though the land there looks terribly barren)

this turn was fast it seems, here is the update

now, we could send our worker 1 tile NW to mine the next BG or south of the river to maybe road and then mine the BG in the south. We can make 5spt at the moment (though I work 4spt for the 1 extra commerce for 4 more turns).
If we road there we will get 1 extra commerce on the last turn.

The wheel is due in 7 and that will drop once the MP arrives in town. As for the others, all cities are now at size 3, let's see who gets up a settler the fastest.

All looks good to me

nothing spectacular this time, so no screenies

settler due in 3, MP warrior will reach next turn, moved worker to road river grass next turn and connect towards the wheat.

Will post a screenshot next rotation as we can then decide on the next settling location

So we managed to play a turn in the week i was away :)

yes, this game is really fast :crazyeye:

don't feel bad... I'm in 3MC with only 3 players and we're only 2-4 turns ahead of you.

finished turn 15..it seems that only whomp has a settler out

I put the MP back to town and reduced lux to 10%, thus wheel now in 4 iso 5

I guess we should settle just at the coast next to the wheat (NW of where the warrior stands now as we want 2 BG's)

took another turn, next turn the settler comes out, wheel in 3 currently, hope it doesn't drop that much with the pop drop next turn

It should be good, i doubt it would increase more than a turn

got the settler which is on the way to claim the wheat

worker moved onto BG to road, mine

I also sent out the warrior north for further exploring, thus set capital on another before swapping to settler, we have no granary, thus need to grow

I will let the new city build a worker first

the good news is that it seems only whomp and us have a settler out so far :D

played an uneventful turn moving the settler towards it's position...wheel done next turn, I suggest to go for the granary tech next, what do you think?

Pottery would be the way to go. Hopefully we can find a high production site nearby for unit production so we can focus the first 2 cities on settlers/workers.

revealed horses nearby...settler will get into position next turn

started research on pottery, down in 8 and possible less with another city and growth. Shall we go for another settler after the current warrior or first another worker

next question: in order to get irrigation to the wheat I have to irrigate 2 tiles on grass...not really efficient...shall we wait with that?

Given the horse, would it be worthwhile if the city was one tile SE of the warrior? I can't remember do horses give an extra shield or gold (i'm assuming we dont use them in our stir fries ;))

As for the irrigation, it is a bit of a pain but will need to be done. I guess it can wait. Are we going to build a worker next or another settler?

horses give one extra commerce, not such a biggie and we don't need horses now.

I ha planned to found the city 1 tile SW where the settler is right now to grab wheat + 2BG's

I plan to road the wheat first to give more commerce and connect the city to our capital for lower corruption.

Capital should go for another settler before a granary while the second city should go for a worker (it'll grow in 4 turns due to the wheat)

Ok i thought the bonus was bigger. I didn't see the first time but the gold hill looks like a good spot to help get the commerce up

ok played the next turn, we will settle next to grab the wheat, worker now mining the BG in 4 so we have higher production, then road wheat

New city would start a worker if growth is fast enough and should be turned into a worker pump. The capital should churn out a settler next before going for a granary and I strongly favor the gold/wine spot in blue next. Plenty of commerce of us...

do you know whether we can irrigate the wine for faster growth? As usual I am not too sure

Top Bottom