**SPOILER** Robi D vs Robboo

At the moment i have 14 maces with city raider 2 ready to be upgraded to grenadier, which will be in about 5 turns max. Then i'm launching the third assault.

Robboo we get his horses back this turn unless the rng saves me.

Still i'm first in all catagories, so it just a matter or wearing him down, hopefully the grendiers will make some holes in his defences.

Man your game with him is taking so much longer than mine did :p ;)

bring a couple of pikes with you for the horses then-he wont be able to have too many with you by the time you attack though :)

I've taken seaport and razed a new city he started east of his captured barb city. The attack is progessing well, if i can take another 2 cities off him the the game will be as good as over. I'll take a screenshot on the next turn.

Heres the screenshot. I also have a group coming up the coast in boats.There should be a city behind the hills, if i can take that along with Antium and the one on the south coast it will only leave his capital and an island city off his coast

Attachments

• Amr- 1825AD.JPG
    Amr- 1825AD.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 82
10 knights vs a grenadier and 2 longbows was 50-50 in my mind, but he reinforced with 2 pikes so the knight have gone back north to join up with the rest of my attack force

Its just a matter of going through the motions now. Robboo has been broken. He is down to 3 cities and will lose his capital in the next 3 or so turns

Robboo lost his capital to my forces, only his island city and the one in the south remain

The Island got crushed with my troops killing it directly off the boat.
Now Robboos fate awaits him. He has 5 longbows, 2 Grenadiers and a Horse archer.

I guess the only decision i have is whether i attack next turn or bombard first

It over, Robboo is defeated :D

In the end i didn't wait to bombard, i figured it was no big deal if i lost an extra unit or 2, its not like there were any other cities to take.

Basically i went in with my 5 catapults first, 2 died and 3 withdrew, but the mananged to inflict a fair bit of pain.

From there once the Grenadiers fell it was pretty easy, i lost two of my Grenadiers and a knight for a total of 5 units lost against robboo's 8 units.

I really enjoyed this game, the choke point between us certainly added a twist to the strategy. From my view Robboo's lateness in researching sailing and getting galleys out was a major factor. It allowed me to dominate the seas the entire game and get units around the choke into his half of the island to cause him grief. It took 3 thrusts to break robboo so all credit to putting up a strong defence to the end, but once i broke through and captured a couple of cities it was just a matter of going through the motions.

Well there you go, you have an update for the ladder to do rob:)

Good game robi. I agree my mistake was focusing on the other techs and ignoring the sea techs. One other thing is my capital was a limited production and my other second could not grow due to poor placement

I will update the ladder seems I will be out of it soon as I have loss two major games. Hopefully I can win a few others to get back in it. I woudl also challenge you and BC again anytime your ready.

I'm swamped with games/coursework/christmas/girl right now rob so in theory i could start a game but it wouldnt be very regular turns im afraid (even more irregular than normal)

while we are at it, which one of you has aloha

ahhh let me check...

last one i sent was on 11/18 year 1520BC

Top Bottom