*Spoiler1* Gotm17- Early Specific Map

@planetfall

Welcome to the game!

I know from experience that posting in the first spoiler thread more than halfway through the month is sort of anticlimatic since most of the discussion has moved on.

I have one warning to you, which you've probably already figured out. Astronomy only lets you explore sea tile and not ocean tiles. I was doing this before astronomy as I managed to complete the great lighthouse. You'll need Navigation to sail away from the archipelago covered by this thread.

Another thing, if that other civ has built magellan's, then they already have navigation and are quickly meeting all the other civs on their own. It would be a big bummer on this map to be the last isolated civ.

Regarding you number of cities question I had 9 on the starting island, three on the eastern volcano island, two on the little island east of that, three on the southern volcano island, I founded between 5 and 7 cities on the strip west of egypt after razing one of Cleos. I captured all of her cities including the one on the tiny island and the one she had on the easternmost island. I got astronomy around EDIT: 1050AD (boy was I wrong on the date the first time) in a beeline to Navigation (in 1130AD). Not sure if thats the info you're looking for, considering I am NOT one of the best players here.

Good luck submitting. I hope I make it too.

Top Bottom