Spring Patch Info

I agree about the historical bit. But I’d be very sad if England didn’t have a Naval and colonial bent. It’s basically what motivated me to buy Civ VI.

But I agree England has so much more that’s rich for this game. Industry and Industrial Revolution. Cryptography and Computers.

What about the English Legal Charge? This legal device - invented by English judges - revolutionalised financings and allowed huge amounts of capital to be unlocked which fueled England’s industrial boom.

Instead, we get melee units for harbours. Whatever.

I agree about the historical bit. But I’d be very sad if England didn’t have a Naval and colonial bent. It’s basically what motivated me to buy Civ VI.
TBH IDC what they have as long as it works and makes them fun to play.

My post was simply about historical development, not about game boni ...

You have to distinguish between civ boni and leader boni.

For a naval civ, there are many possible kinds of boni like :
- bonus yields from fishing boats (or maybe free fishing boats)
- bonus production for harbors and ships
- bonus xp or promotions for naval units
- bonus combat strength for naval units
- bonus movement ...
etc.

For England starting Industrial Revolution, an industrial leader or England as industrial civ might get a bonus for researching Industrialization or a bonus for factories (like a free factory on researching Industrialization).

I have never ever had a problem with loyalty (immortal), but after watching the video, I'm a little confused.

He says "Cities will suffer a loyalty penalty for following a religion other than the one you have founded". If I don't found any religion, does that mean I will be getting loyalty penalties whenever another CIV spreads their religion to me? I mean, it's probably not a big deal, because like I said I have never ever had a loyalty problem; but I am curious. MAybe this is a way to force more use of the new system?

I have never ever had a problem with loyalty (immortal), but after watching the video, I'm a little confused.

He says "Cities will suffer a loyalty penalty for following a religion other than the one you have founded". If I don't found any religion, does that mean I will be getting loyalty penalties whenever another CIV spreads their religion to me? I mean, it's probably not a big deal, because like I said I have never ever had a loyalty problem; but I am curious. MAybe this is a way to force more use of the new system?

I think it just means you wont be getting bonus or penalty loyalty - your people are indifferent to religion.... I think.

Seems like it is another reason to not found a religion...

And yeah, England is D tier. They are chilling with Georgia and a chopless Viking King.

That actually makes it sound well-designed - i.e. adding some more challenge to deity, which is supposed to be challenging.

Obviously, the game devs are in agreement with me, which is why they are adding more historical moments. Having late game chaos due to random bad luck just isn't that fun for most people after you've already put hours into a game.

In Civ V Elizabeth has +1 naval MP out of the starting blocks but in Civ VI Victoria needs an RNDY which to be honest is rubbish. For a start have you ever tried researching to it early? You sacrifice a lot including any possibility of district discounts by doing so. So your key early galleys get no MP bonus. Building this district gives a bit of gold but there are so many gold abuses in the game its one of the worst things to get, it has not CS bonuses and worst you can only build it on the coast... and there really are not a lot of river mouths so you have to build without fresh water often and very little adjacency. You canot have your entire empire on the coast so this crap district you get half price on is only of use in a few cities as is any adjacency card with it. Building the RNDY stops you building theaters and campuses early to a degree as well, it the RNDY just drags your system down.

The fact that water wars are useless in both versions has meant England has been weak in both versions. but at least the manowar was better than the sea dog. I am not going to bore you with the detail but you really do have to play England to comment on such things and the sea dog in reality is of use in 1 in 20 games at best.

In Civ V you had a longbowman which was in fact quite a strong unit, you got it a little earlier than redcoats and that makes a big difference... and please note the nerfing of science has delayed redcoats making England worse. Building RNDY rather than Campus makes England worse in R&F... it was another Nerf to them. Loyalty was another Nerf with a +4 loyalty plaster Just in a slow to build RNDY off continent... oh wow another nerf was definitely loyalty and messed up off continent for England big time.

If you look at practically every civ they get a starting bonus in the game but it a spare slot or a +3 combat bonus or a trade route... in V it was +1 naval movement. England gets a crappy RNDY that limits your other districts, you cannot build many places of use and you have a horrible tech path to that nerfs your growth.

If England greatly improved from V?.... Only someone who does not play her enough to understand and so has no real right to comment would say that.
To clarify, Victoria is one of the bottom 3 if not the bottom so how can you consider that greatly improved?

I was just on to reply to a PM and saw this in my inbox and was appalled.

LOL

It's been like 2+ yrs since I last played Civ V. Forgive me if my memory is bad. Doctors put me on 8 wks of hardcore medications that completely effed with my memory. My hair also fell. Side effects :o

Anyway, I think I mean improved from the point of view that in Civ VI England sticks to the convention of having at least one UI. (In Civ V they had two UUs making them almost entirely geared towards war). TBH I like the idea of +1 naval unit movement from the RND. (It's like Mongolia's +1 from its UI). IMO Civ VI England is a better balanced civ than its Civ V counter part...but then again I think my memory is pretty shoddy :lol:

lso Scotland does not beat Korea for science

I don't know... My Scotland games I've had more science than my Korea games. Maybe it was the map, but I've played both civs twice and both times Scotland got more science per turn at the end.

In Civ V they had two UUs making them almost entirely geared towards war
They do have 2... Redcoat and Sea dog.... but I forgive you, I'm pulling my hair out which to a degree is voluntary, lets hope the drugs have value or at least some more positive side effects.

I don't know... My Scotland games I've had more science than my Korea games. Maybe it was the map, but I've played both civs twice and both times Scotland got more science per turn at the end.

Even if it's not on a per-beakers-per-turn basis, you still get like all of the great scientists which has to count for something.

IMO, the worst thing that they've done about England is the fact that they keep tweaking, adjusting, changing, editing, fixing, undoing, redoing, etc... them, without ever really pausing and doing the whole, "why are we really doing this change?" Like, for some civs, I can understand tweaking to tone them down, and maybe it's just a hazard of England's bonuses interacting with so many of the game mechanics, but it just feels like keep nibbling at bits and pieces here and there with England without any real design choice for why they did what they did. And then obviously it struck a sour tone when the previous patch fixed the bug of them getting infinite troops by declaring that it was a "bug fix" for them to get a free unit when they capture a city, when it was clearly documented that way.

So yeah, even ignoring the whole argument about whether their bonuses are too weak, the fact that they keep editing them without any real direction to how they play, just makes it awkward. My hope is that even if they don't make them too strong, that whatever edits they do with at least make them fun to play, and then for the love of all things, just stop tweaking them!

My hope is that even if they don't make them too strong, that whatever edits they do with at least make them fun to play, and then for the love of all things, just stop tweaking them!
Well considering they have inadvertently tweaked them practically every patch and have already announced what they will tweak this time with a pic fat pic of Vic in the front ,means they are doomed to be naff now.

. I agree rough riders have it rough like sea dogs and is it not weird to have your cavalry good on hills?

I always forgot about these. I don't think I've ever built one. I suppose I would in R&F for the era score. I consider the Mustang and Rough Riders useless. Only thing America has going for it in my opinion is film studio and +5 combat strength. I actually think England is easier for cultural victory than the U.S. Those museums are badass. Unfortunately England is only well suited for that one victory type.

Top Bottom