1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch Info

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Caucus Beli for a Joint War is good. It means captain random civ on the other side of the map will not declare a joint war on you.

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Does this mean Kongo will always have a loyalty disadvantage they can‘t get rid of? Would be funny if Mvemba asks for your religion and loses a city because of your apostles...

Jkchart, WorldWarIV and nzcamel like this.
  3. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

It depends on how serious these bonuses/penalties are, but it probably means that Mvemba (or any other convert) will want to quickly ensure that all his cities are following the same religion, particularly if they're already in risky locations loyalty-wise.

Siptah likes this.
  4. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Or it would force Mvemba to convert his cities ASAP, cos he gets founder benefits of his majority religion?

Siptah likes this.
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

In reality they are muppets run by berks, just did not think I could get away with using the word (yes in its most offensive form) but IDC anymore.
    Have not played for a week, looks like its gonna be a lot longer now.

tobapuw, PeterChu and acluewithout like this.
  6. TheBlueKing

TheBlueKing Chieftain

I just read all your comments and I am surprised to see that you consider turtle fix important. It is just another luxury resource and why would you consider it important?

I am also curious why they added it as luxury resource? It seems more like bonus resource that would provide some tourism, science and maybe appeal to surrounding tiles. You are not going to eat turtles, hunt them or use them like diamonds, ivory etc.

Turtles are rare in the world, it is not like they are everywhere around us so they should be rare on map and probably placed in warm areas of map e.g. finding turtles next to tundra or snow tiles does not seem right too.

7. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Au contraire. In fact part of the reason they're rare today is that people found them so tasty, and their shells so pretty...

8. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

From QI... although Turtles are similar
    "It took 300 years for the giant tortoise to get a scientific or taxonomical name because people kept eating them. People would put them on ships and sail them back home, but by the time they arrived at port in Europe the crew would have eaten the whole lot. Even Charles Darwin and the crew aboard the Beagle ate all the giant tortoises on board. The only descriptions of them are comparing them to chicken, beff, mutton and butter, and saying they tasted better than all of them. Even the liver and bone marrow was considered delicious. They were also used as water stores, because they have a special internal bladder which stores water so perfectly that it is drinkable, so when you slit them open to cook them you also got a gallon of fresh water. The crew therefore stacked them up so that they could not move, and they did not need to be fed for months so they were very useful for whaling ships because they provided both food and water. There are 12 species of giant tortoise, all of which are now endangered"

damn beat me too it

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Jkchart, CivLuvah, nzcamel and 2 others like this.
  9. Art Morte

Art Morte Prince

I can see a good few threads coming about the religion + loyalty thing, lol.

10. ezysquire

ezysquire Warlord

chopping down magnus a bit sounds good

11. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I have played Kongo only once and near the original release, but iirc, it feels really weird if you play to get lots of Apostles to convert your own cities. I will try that again though.

I‘m not too happy about nerfing Magnus. I would have preferred buffing most of the other governors and nerfing chopping per se. But I guess it will be better than it is now.

Ozymandias9891 and whyidie like this.
  13. DrJambo

DrJambo Crash-test dummy

Hear this man!!!! You'd think fixing the AI's lack of use of airforce would by now rank fairly high in their priorities, but yet again no mention. This is a huge FAIL.

Jkchart and Ondolindë like this.
  14. RDomico

RDomico Chieftain

People will discuss things like what leader should be in the next dlc for thousands of posts, but few seem to care about the fact that the AI can't use an entire class of units.

Jkchart and Ondolindë like this.
  15. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

There isn‘t much to discuss though. Everybody knows it‘s not working as it should and the complain turns up in many threads in this forums. And just going on complaining all the time is no fun. There‘s no doubt Firaxis is aware. Did any mod fix it yet? I suspect it has to do with air units being too expensive to a small degree as well and not just priorities.

nzcamel likes this.
  16. DrJambo

DrJambo Crash-test dummy

I agree, i'd be amazed if Firaxis wasn't aware. Over and above all the forum discussions, just playing the game through to completion makes it very apparent. You do wonder though, if Firaxis QA test the late game much... All their run-through videos when they show off the new features and DLC are around the early to mid game period. Perhaps they're just like an ostrich with their head in the sand when it comes to the late game.

17. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Haven't played in weeks but not because I'm angry at any specific changes. I actually liked R&F but it hasn't fixed the most pressing issue with civ6 and that is the lacking AI and diplomacy options. Guess I'll give it another run with the new patch but my expectations are low.

18. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Any idea why the video was taken down?! Was it posted too early? OR are Firaxis delaying the patch release to make additional fixes and changes?

19. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

We don't know. Just speculation at this point.

20. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

Nobody knows. It is possible that an intern accidentally uploaded the video too early by mistake. It is also possible that the video was uploaded via an automatic scheduler and Firaxis took it down because they decided the change the release schedule for the patch.