Spring Patch Info

I like the idea of that England buff (free melee unit with RD). That will finally pull England up a bit. Now, if only we could get a better start bias for them)

So the only AI improvement is "Fixed AI yields table" !

Maybe in 2027 this game will be fun to play.

You complain too much. At least the patch note is correct, it could have been "Fixed AI yeilds table"... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

But yeah, I would have expected a "little" more work on the AI at this point, to send some type of "patience, guys, we really do care" message...

I'm not sure that it's fair to equate a preview video with actual, full patch notes. There are probably other AI improvements in the patch.

Exactly. The yields table is just one example. In the video, Anton specifically says that civ fans had found a bug in the table and that Firaxis has now fixed that bug. I am sure there will be other AI improvements.

So far every single patch has included AI improvements, I doubt this one is going to be different.

Edit:

what exactly is "the monarchy thing"?

All AI civs go for Monarchy and never go for a Tier 3 Government.

All AI civs go for Monarchy and never go for a Tier 3 Government.

Monarchy is still pretty popular, but in my current game Japan definitely just adopted Democracy, so that last part at least isn't true 100% of the time.

Glad to see a Korea nerf, but it doesn't look like it will be strong enough. Their campus adjacency should be lowered to 3 imho, along with the 5% decrease in governor yields.

Firaxis just gave an update on the upcoming patch:

Update: video was taken down.

Here is the complete list from what I got from the video:
- cities will same religion will gain loyalty. cities with opposite religion will lose loyalty.
- Balance adjustments to social policies, governments, Sondonk and Magnus' abilities.
- More turtles
- England gets a free unit now not just when settling new continent but also when building royal dockyard.
- Joint Wars will require casus belli! (YES)
- Both human and AI can join wars already in progress and get benefits from casus belli.
- Fixed AI yields table.
- Added more late game historic moments

Looks good, esp the religion/loyalty thing. Really hope they fix/un-nerf Immortals not being able to melee attack.

Monarchy is still pretty popular, but in my current game Japan definitely just adopted Democracy, so that last part at least isn't true 100% of the time.

yes, I have definitely seen AI's chose 3rd tier governments. I think it's usually democracy, but I have definitely seen it

I hope they soften the loyalty from population for small cities a little bit. The effect of a size 2 city on a size 1 city should be neglectible compared to that of a size 20 city on a size 1 city.

So the only AI improvement is "Fixed AI yields table" !

Maybe in 2027 this game will be fun to play.
Except, of course, that the video stated that this was just some of the changes... But by all means, read the worst into it. :lol:

What are Turtles? :mischief:

(Seriously, though, haven't seen a single instance of Turtles so far, so pretty happy with this change.)

Sounds like a pretty minor patch, but all changes are good. The Joint War change is way overdue, glad it finally got their attention. Joining in on wars has also been needed all the way back from Civ5.

Btw. am I the only one who sees a major incoming Democracy nerf in the "balance adjustments to governments" part?

Glad they finally fixed the turtle shortage problem before it killed the game.

The war and possibly Magnus changes seem to be the only other positive changes of significance. Conversely tying loyalty to religion has the potential to be a significant problem, since AI religion spam was already problematic if aiming at a religious victory and the last thing the game needed was to have this system intruding into more important game areas, rather than having it as a feature that could be ignored at least until they improve the religion system.

Top Bottom