1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stand-off at the UN!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Donovan Zoi, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yes, we shouldn't build military as first cghoice, but onlyu when nothing else is needed in the particular city...

2. deshelbr

deshelbr International Playboy

I think we should stick to the opinions we had before this came up in the UN. We obviously don't have a fundamental problem with this game mechanic being legal. If it was deemed illegal it would be unfair to us, as each of the other four teams have engaged in this activity in some way. We also believe that Gamecatcher shouldn't be allowed to stay in the game unless they are going to make "in-game" peace with us.

More importantly, if we go back and do the turns over it can only hurt Netatolia, which we have already decided is not what we want. If we press for the continuation of the game as it is now we will be in the better position.

I also don't think we should be completely silent on this. We might be viewed by Mongoose, Webringes, Apolyton, and Netatolia as the impartial observer in this matter. We know how Gamecatcher will regard our opinion.

3. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Yes, I think we should say something there too. We have been almost forgotten in this mess.

4. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

being ignored is expected being such a small country:p

5. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

I think that we will someday need a big milatary after the war in the west is done. I think we need to get out of APO's shadow and become a real nation with a milatary backing our word.

6. NeoDemocrat

NeoDemocrat MOS MOS MOS

you've stated the same thing about a billion times on a million different threads...

7. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Here is an update on progress toward resolving this situation in the UN thread. It seems that most / all remaining teams other than us have agreed to replay starting at 390AD, with mass teleportation by gifting cities banned. Also it looks like GCA will disband some units as reparations for using the teleport previously, and would also be forced to accept in-game peace to reset WW.

I haven't been around very much before now, how do we handle officially responding to these types of discussions, now that a quasi-official proposal is on the table?

8. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

If everyone is pretty much set on this one proposal, we should go with it. If either ally (of ours) disagrees (lets face it, CGN is NOW our ally and GWT is NOW our enemy), then we would have to go from there. We just have to make sure Poly and CGN aren't completely screwed.

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Well now the GCers will have to be forced to sign a peace treaty with us.

10. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Even if we only built Riders, and Apolytan went the complete economical route, I don't think we could take half their empire before they built up such a giant force to take back their cities, and then quickly take the rest of ours.

If we want to fight them militarily, we first need to expand, and then have a powerful commerce and production economy.

11. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

From the way Lucky is talking, this would only be in-game peace. They don't seem to be interested in treaties, though that would be up to the Foreign Office.

12. Zarn

I would only go for in game peace. Any formal treaty outside the game would be bad. It would be saying that they are worthy of existance.

13. deshelbr

DZ! Zarn! Get in there and say something. They are starting to take notice that we aren't involved in the discussion. Get the game moving again.

14. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

OK, I wrote this at the UN, highlighting my previous post on Page 3 of the thread. We are now on Page 7.

Also, I gave them a deadline of Monday for us to come to a consensus. So, do you guys agree with what I presented? Hop it makes sense.

15. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

Well if city gifting is not allowed anymore than I don't think we can do that great lighthouse trick to get to the west.

16. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

EN, I think that city gifting would still be allowed as long as units weren't teleported in the process.

And since no one objected to what I wrote previously, I have decided to add another post in the forum(early part of page 8 ). If you find this unaaceptable, you need to let me know.

Here it is:

17. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

I would have said it almost like that too. I like the post. :)

18. deshelbr

I 100% support that and I think most everyone else around here does too.

19. Zarn

I doubt anyone HERE would go against that. You have the support of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

20. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

And my branch of the citizenry.