Star Trek Mod for Civilization IV...Good Idea?

Should a Star Trek Mod for Civilization IV be made?

• Oh, absolutely, THANK YOU!

Votes: 110 51.4%
  • Sure, why not?

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • Meh, I don't really care.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • No, that's a stupid idea and a waste of time.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • ARE YOU CRAZY?! OF COURSE NOT!

Votes: 11 5.1%

• Total voters
The main problem seems to be the lack of ST units... other things are not too difficult to mod (space, planets, icons, races, ...) they just took time.

sure thing, i don't care as long as they are fast and always up-to-date on there mods like Sevo, Fall from Heaven, and also Ryne's and Fall of civilization. I will not play a game that have not been updated in a year like Warhammer.

You could use my Interstellar Colonization as a base for a Star Trek mod.
All you would need to do is add the content, and your mod specific code.

Hey there Grey Fox.
I was just thinking that after reading your excellent preview post.

Perhaps if we have enough volunteers we can revive this project.

if this mod makes it, can the ppl making it keep it realistic, the CivIII mod had a stupid amount of units just so they could say they know everything about star trek/star wars and any other major mod, - please keep it simple with 1 land infantry, and a variation on the space ships, like how the normal civ works, one ship, (though a UU maybe for watever faction) which upgrades to a better ship as you pass through the ages. - not like the mods that make you upgrade these storm troopers every 5 turns of research, CIV has about 5-8 naval units, throw in maybe a UU unit for that side and you have solved all the caos about making warfare.

look at how the gameplay works magical in the mods professionally made like the WW1 scenario trip made, you have 2 types of infantry, 3 naval units, 1 tank, and 1 air support, not 19324985 starfleet magic ships, each with its own nice model.

in short i registered just to post this. becuase your all blind.

Wow Prom... that is so ****ing nerdy lmfao
still love yaaaa<3

P.S i actually took the time to make an account on this nerdy fanactics thing to get all these uber g33ks mad at me=P:goodjob:

a star trek mod for an already nerdy game....why??? why would you do something like that???
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

you all sicken me (especially Prom :) )

PS. how many of you are really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,really, really, really fat???

More than 3 AT LEAST.

Now some time for 1337 quotes

I was made for loving you baby, you were made for loving me - Kiss

Honestly people, who throws a cup cake? - Dr. Evil'

Can't touch this - MC Hammer

If you take all the 1337 in the world and put it ina can and then open it thats me - me and chaos (mostly me)

I wont sink down to your level :crazyeye: - will not say

FREEDOM!!!! - Brave heart

me baby and you are nothing but mammals lets do it like they do it on discovery channel ( and that would be sex for alll you nerds who dont know, excpet when you see it on Japanese hentai movies) - Beastie boys or some other gay band

PSSS: ZEddy > (your name here)

Great ideas, thanks for contributing.

6.) Fascinating idea on minor races, but I want to refrain from getting too "religious" in a Star Trek mod. Our plans are to create multiple minor civilizations for scenarios (and random maps, if possible!) that you can either assimilate (culturally, not the :borg: way) or dominate (diplomacy for Kirk was with a phaser and smirk). These minor civilizations [such as Vulcans, Andorians, etc.], consisting of a single planet and with weak capabilities, will not be able to colonize additional planets. I think that's fairly UFP-ish enough.

What about having a special unit like a diplomat to convert the minor races to the side of an empire for peaceful means or via religion or war. In a sense making even the 'minor' and 'barbarian' races able to assimilate in more than one way.

Top Bottom