Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod

Nice mod but the CTD error when any system is captured makes it unplayable :(.

You did a great job on the units and tech tree

Thanks. Since I published this, I've been redoing the mod from square one with the FFP 1.81 base mod. So the CTD error should not happen says the FFP team who has been helping me with the redux.

In a few weeks I should have a new version out, but it will be slighted cut down from the beta3 version as I am implementing things one at a time since I am dealing with a drastically different python set and there ae many different footfalls. eventually as I reach the end of beta4 all the features of Beta3 will be back in the game.

Good to know. ;)

A minor thing: I came across a Great Scientist named "Albert Einstine" (Mr Einstein, I presume). :mischief::mischief:

:D Alright... one more then: the base mod uses "independant" consistently (should be independent. (Sorry, I used to work as a translator, so it was my job to noticed these things.):old:

Hello, I have been trying your MOD. It looks really good, but as soon as I get to the TOS era, the game turns take considerably longer to process. Is this a bug?

It is not so much a bug as a problem I am hard at work on. I am doing a reset on the project using the latest FFP 1.81 mod as a base. This is helping with the problem a little bit, but not entirely. I actually think I might have figured out what is causing it, but it is going to take some time to code a work around for it. With some luck, the FFP team is going to assist me with it and that should (no pun intended) speed things up a bit.

Well it is a bad news but also a good news. Bad news that I can imagine it will take some time, good news that once it is done, it will make this MOD even better. It really is one of the best Star Trek MODs I have ever played!

P.S. Just found out the line about PC specs:

Intel Core i5 2700
8GB RAM
GeForce GTX560Ti
Win 7 64bit Ultimate

At the beginning it takes a about a second to process turn, but it lately take over a minute :(

O.K. So I tried a large galaxy instead of huge and the problem persists :( I have also tried a Babylon 5 MOD with huge galaxy and even that slows down a bit, but definitely not so much as Star Trek MOD.

May I suggest looking at Karadoc's K-Mod? That mod has had the AI rebuilt and improved, it could be a useful starting point.

I will take a look at the K-mod. I actually have rewritten most of the AI over the past two days and while I do have a bit more to do before I release it. As of now it is running at about 80% of perfect. It still slows down a bit in the last two eras, but not nearly as bad as before. I'm used to being able to go use the bathroom between turns and now I usually don't have time to roll a cigarette.

Any way, there will be a release this weekend, so look forward to it!

I will take a look at the K-mod. I actually have rewritten most of the AI over the past two days and while I do have a bit more to do before I release it. As of now it is running at about 80% of perfect. It still slows down a bit in the last two eras, but not nearly as bad as before. I'm used to being able to go use the bathroom between turns and now I usually don't have time to roll a cigarette.

Any way, there will be a release this weekend, so look forward to it!

Great news. Will we be able to play even huge maps? I really do not like small maps :(

I was able to play large maps on my laptop with only minor slowdowns between turns. I did not try huge maps. I also found turning down my graphics detail sped up game play considerably.

I play normally; on Large maps and Supermarathon lag doesn't really kick in around turn 200 or so. It kind of depends on your PC specs (and your Espionage levels; if they are high enough, there's plenty to watch when it's not your turn.)

Also, ofcourse, space maps are basically one giant earth map, so unless you turn barbs off they will take up quite a bit of game time/memory.

Originally, I turned the barbians way down, but I had complaints in the early testing about there being not enough combat, so I turned them back up a bit. There are less barbarians in the Quick play setting and a normal amount in marathon.

I like barbarians. However AI seems to have a problem with them. In my first game on large (after huge became unplayable) I set barbarians to raging and they wiped out 4 civilizations in a few turns :(
Oh and regarding AI. On prince, does it have some advantage? I found a nice spot with resourses, sent my constructor to build a base and when I was 4 turns from completing a Breen constructor came a finished its base in 2! turns. I got really fed up. How is this possible? Is the AI cheating?

There's a Wonder you can build with Great Engineer to speed up Construction speed , but 2 turns would requires like 6 of those.

And setting barbs to Raging is quite unnecessary on an all land map; barbs can only not spawn on Nebula squares.

There's a Wonder you can build with Great Engineer to speed up Construction speed , but 2 turns would requires like 6 of those.

And setting barbs to Raging is quite unnecessary on an all land map; barbs can only not spawn on Nebula squares.

Hmm, then the AI is cheating. That is not good :(

But it seems there are too few barbarians/aliens otherwise. But maybe it is good, as the AI seems to be unable to defend its colonies. I have liberated a Ferengi colony three times now just for them to lose it fourth time. I hope the redone AI will do better.

Two things.

First, if a construction ship is interrupted in its building of a base (like maybe getting killed by a pirate) the plot it is on has a partially completed base on it. So perhaps that Breen (or someone else) had already stared on there, and the newly arrived ship just finished it. By the way: If you kill an enemy construction ship that is building a base, you can finish it for free since the cost is payed when you start building it.

Second, since the next version is based on FFP 1.81 it should have a "reduced pirates" game option you can pick when starting a game via Custom Game. This cuts the number of pirates in half, so those who don't like however many the default setting gives, but still want some, can have fewer.

Top Bottom