1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

star trek mod month version( for main beta 3)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by Imrahiel, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

Well sorry but i cannot take this numbers as seroius since this way some races, depending on the starting technology, start with no workers at all till they research a tech that counter the leg cutting feature of their starting techs.
    But after i saw the starting conditions of the breen and comparing it to the romulans i guess this mod is not intentioned to be balanced or serious in any way.

2. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

I edited the starttechnologies and changed the ungood effects and make them smaller. I will upload.
    The start position off the Breen is a problem, because the most off the breen teritory isn't any more on the map and all other factions have engouh teritory.

3. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

Well, now i tried play as ferengies since they start with the million trade routes.
    Problem is, their techs gives both unhappyness and unhealthyness. Luckily the capital got enough happyness to produce a marauder in...73 turns. if you ignore the shrinking of the the population every turn. the rest of the colonies dont even seem to have hammers at all. luckily only 3296 turns till exploration tech finished...oh wait, the game crashed while processing turn 4 or 5.

4. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

i would recommend play testing the whole thing a lot more and reduce the number of....everything so that you dont need years to complete a game.

5. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

Thing is that a game will take 12*155( 2245-2400) Turns that is not too much. When you play in years you can not play anymore like in Star Trek. It is too unrealistic that a ship
    needs years with Warp 9 to move through the map.
    But thanks for your critic.

6. Hoerks

Hoerks Chieftain

I meant real years because of the massive amount of hammers and beakers needed to produce/ research anything, like i mentioned in the post about ferengies.

7. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

There's just NO population whatsoever: every system is starving, but there are no people to put to work to counter it. Like the population POINTS are there, but the actual people aren't edited in. Just wondering if I installed it wrong, 's all.

8. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I believe that what population is assigned to each planet is set in python script data, normally stored in the save file. This data is not stored in the worldbuildersave file, though, so population needs to be reassigned to each planet at the start of the game (I think). There is some procedure that the game is supposed to go through with world builder files, but I'm pretty sure that it's broken and won't run like it's supposed to.

9. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

I am on the way to delete the uniqe baracks and make the units real uniqe. I know now how to do it. That should fix the problem with to build buildings if you have it.
    Also I will have finished a Dominion Warmap version in a few time.

10. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:goodjob: Keep it up!

11. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

It is done.
    I finished the first beta Version of the map and deleted the Baracks.( Buildings work)
    For downloading the new stuff look on the first post.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:goodjob: Will check it out ASAP.;)

13. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

you forgot to put mod path= star trek in maps

14. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

It is corrected.

p.s I hope you enjoy the mod and I would be verry thankful about every feedback you give me.:)

15. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Not yet feedback yet: started as the UFP, went well (long turn #1 though with all the units). Started as the Romulans to see if that went faster, got a CTD (never got out of turn #1). Reloaded the UFP save, no problems there.

16. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

Ok, I will check that with the Romulans. Were it on the Dominion war or the real trek map ?

17. Vigilance

Vigilance Chieftain

It's a little crazy that there's 20 Strength barbarian ships running around when you can build Light II's.

I had 4 ships guarding earth, 2 Constitutions and 2 Exploration II's, Alpha Centauri as a second colony, with two ships guarding it (a Light II and a Exploration II) and a 20 Strength barbarian showed up and destroyed all 6 ships, wiping me out.

18. Imrahiel

Imrahiel Chieftain

Are you sure that you played my mod mod( version 3 beta) and not the main mod? ;
    because in my mod mod there are not any more units from final frontier( like Exploration II and Light II) and there should not be an babarian ship over a strength of 12 ?

19. Vigilance

Vigilance Chieftain

I downloaded all the files in the sticky titled "latest version".

20. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Those are for the main mod. This thread is for Imrahiel's mod-mod.