star trek mod month version( for main beta 3)

For playing my version look on the the first post of this thread. Download the first file
File Type: zip niqueunits,monthversionxml beta 3.zip (724.3 KB, 19 views)

With this you have to replace the xml folder of the main mod.
The other files are the both maps for the mod.

In the Star Trek mod, after I've been at war for a while, I suddenly cannot build anymore buildings in my cities. The computer won't let me. Is this because of the mod or BTS version 3.17?

did you remove any civs ability to use a probe? that's all I can think of that would prevent normal map use. (on normal map you start with 1 city and 1 probe. so if you removed probe from a civ it may not load normal map do to it trying to give a probe when the civ can't have one.)

Thank you so much darkform!
Your idea made it able for me to fix the bug.
It is fixed I only have to upload it.

IDK if it will crash when the normal maps try to spawn barb light or heavy ships but that may also be a issue.

if you could edit the main maps to change what barbs spawn when and what civs start with then that would probably fix it but from what I've seen you change so far that may be over your programing skills. (hope the barbs don't crash the game and giveing every civ the ability to make the first probe at start is all the fix that is needed for a full game.)

I really want to play Borg with your version of ships. (when playing without your version I rush to light V then make as many Borg cubes as I can before Database gives me Light VI. I hate the fact my good ship gets obsoleted by a weaker ship.)

ya game crashed a few turns into the game. I think it tryed to make a barb light I or something. and also it would be great if the Borg could have some weaker ship that they could use for deffence before getting to the ships you already have for them.

ok I played 2 games long enough to get no build building bug first one was Vanilla Star Track on a capital but this time was on Beta 3.1 not capital. the only common occurrence in both but that was in no citys I took before the bug was they had a fusion reactor.

so I think it's a captured Fusion Reactor bug.

might can fix by making Fusion Reactor get destroyed when city is defeated.

forgot where it is and if you capture a city with a orbital station on it you can build buildings again.

Do you have the latest patch for Star Trek? I made a partial fix for that in the latest patch and a permanent fix in the next version.

Is the latest patch still called the beta 3 version or is it somewhere else?

colony ships should cost more. on Star Track map I have 20 citys and it's only turn 88. also I have seen no other ships ( I think the AI doesn't know how important factory s are before making ships.) I got the map to not CTD by turning barbs off so the map doesn't try to spawn light I for barbs.

I'm playing Borg so I might lose allot of citys do to not having any combat ships but I think I will own all non-homeworld systems before anyone makes a combat ship to take one of my citys. if I was a civ that had combat ships to start then I would win easy because of AI trying to make a city defense ship before making a factory. (I do think ships should stay expensive and Factory s should stay the way they are but I think AI should always buld a factory before it builds ships and that colony ships should be expensive or take a population point to make.)

It is good that you told me that.
The thing with the Borgprobe( TOS) was a bug. I gave them a 100400 cost instant the 10400 points I wanted. It is fixed and will be upload.
The colony ships now costs of 10000 and not 2000.
The thing with the builidings i will change in the next days.

Something else: the Romulans starting with a Cloak-only fleet leaves their empire completely defenseless, as they can neither defend nor capture systems.

I think there should be a Cloak I and a cloak II.

both you can turn on or off once a turn total and:

cloak I: automatically turns off if you attack and you can't turn back on till next turn.

some civilapida entry s cause CTD.

edit: always 2nd thing you look at without closing cilvapida causes the CTD.

going to see if I can look at 1 thing close it then open and look at 2nd thing.

if you look at 1 new thing in cilvapida then close it when you reopen cilvapida you get CTD.

I will check the things you told me , when i have time ,but the next bigger update could not before the next week.:)

also you should make it so Borg probes at least the first one can't take city s.

ether script the AI to see factory s as the most important thing to build or as a quick fix give every new AI city a free factory. (players can catchup with power plants that the AI doesn't seem to want to build ether.)

if the AI had factory s then they would have a ship before I get to there city with my probe so in that case probe could still be able to take city but I think they should be defense only on the probes because they are powerful for start of game units.

why does the 2nd Borg probe have + against probes? I didn't see anyone else with a probe but the Borg. (might have missed it since civilapida keeps CTDing.)

Top Bottom