Start from Play Now testing phase

The same game, not sure what causes it, but it seems that barbarians do not enter Roman territory. Rome stays fairly stable in 500s and even vassalize byzantines.

Attachments

• 20220304122021_1.jpg
    20220304122021_1.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Cleopatra AD-0560 Turn 274.CivBeyondSwordSave
    624.7 KB · Views: 17
Sorry for so many separate replies, trying to report what I can. The same game, if I switch to arabs next turn I get a bunch of Python errors

Attachments

• Cleopatra AD-0608 Turn 279.CivBeyondSwordSave
    643.9 KB · Views: 15
No need to apologise, I appreciate every reported issue.

Thank you, Leoreth!
Also, I have noticed in the Arabia game after the switch from Egypt (epic speed) I get perhaps too many conquerros. Two stacks at spawn, one stack in the middle of Algiers dessert for some reason shortly after and two massive stacks from wars deceleration on Rome and Persia. Not sure what could cause it.

Played a 600 AD Japan game up until Prussia's spawn. Around turn 25 I got a series of python exceptions, press end turn in the first attached save to see them. Much later I got the same "20 turns till victory" warning someone else in the thread got, in the second save. Spain wins a time victory and there's some python exceptions during the victory screens.
Other notes:
-the game does seem slightly faster now, but only slightly, it still bogs down around 1700
-"X civilization has collapsed!" appears 3-5 turns before the spawn of X civilization, sometimes during the same turn as the "We have reports that X civilization is rising" message
-Spain actually went conquering in the New World, haven't seen this in the main branch in a while. I doubt this has anything to do with this change in the mod but it was refreshing!

Nothing too unusual from the rest of the thread to report, I'll try another civ tomorrow and see what happens.

Attachments

• python error Kammu AD-0840 Turn 205.CivBeyondSwordSave
    416.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20 turns left Kammu AD-1590 Turn 299.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Thank you, Leoreth!
Also, I have noticed in the Arabia game after the switch from Egypt (epic speed) I get perhaps too many conquerros. Two stacks at spawn, one stack in the middle of Algiers dessert for some reason shortly after and two massive stacks from wars deceleration on Rome and Persia. Not sure what could cause it.
Yes, that sounds like it is unrelated to this branch in particular, but I still want to figure out the reason. I think Arabia gets too many conquerors in general. The units in Algeria also confuse me. Do you still have the initial save from that game?

Spain wins a time victory and there's some python exceptions during the victory screens.
Do you have a save from before that victory turn as well? I would like to see those python errors.

Thanks for the other reports as well. I will hopefully have fixes for the premature end of the game soon.

Yes, that sounds like it is unrelated to this branch in particular, but I still want to figure out the reason. I think Arabia gets too many conquerors in general. The units in Algeria also confuse me. Do you still have the initial save from that game?
Luckily, I have a save just one turn before those Algerian troops spawn. Also, it seems nobody is at war with barbarians in this game.

Attachments

• Harun al-Rashid AD-0680 Turn 288.CivBeyondSwordSave
    698.6 KB · Views: 14
New update: fixed game end turn / game length for all scenarios and game speeds

Do you have a save from before that victory turn as well? I would like to see those python errors.

It's a single exception at the hall of fame screen.

Attachments

• victory screen Kammu AD-1685 Turn 318.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
e: My initial problem was solved by the Notepad++ EOL conversion advised in the bug thread.

e: New Python error! Got it trying to open the Game Options menu in the Worldbuilder:

PythonErr.log said:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 654, in handleInput

File "CvPlatyBuilderScreen", line 2488, in handleInput

File "WBGameDataScreen", line 62, in interfaceScreen

File "WBGameDataScreen", line 277, in placeGameOptions

AttributeError: GameData instance has no attribute 'isCivEnabled'
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvScreensInterface", line 654, in handleInput

File "WBGameDataScreen", line 451, in handleInput

File "WBGameDataScreen", line 277, in placeGameOptions

e: Another one upon toggling the tile stability map...

PythonErr.log said:
TypeError: unbound method Boost.Python.function object must be called with CyPlot instance as first argument (got int instance instead)
ERR: Python function toggleStabilityOverlay failed, module CvScreensInterface

File "CvScreensInterface", line 946, in toggleStabilityOverlay

File "RFCUtils", line 869, in toggleStabilityOverlay

File "Core", line 1020, in any

File "Core", line 1889, in where

TypeError: unbound method Boost.Python.function object must be called with CyPlot instance as first argument (got int instance instead)
ERR: Python function toggleStabilityOverlay failed, module CvScreensInterface

e: Exiting to the main menu causes a CTD.

Last edited:
Completed the Egyptian UHV normally.

Cute text (along with wrongful 'civ has been destroyed' messages):
hello ethiopia.png

Missing text variables (and Greece traded Ophiusa to the Independents?):
victory.png

Another Python error when showing the Hall of Fame:

PythonErr.log said:

File "CvScreensInterface", line 126, in showHallOfFame

File "CvHallOfFameScreen", line 229, in interfaceScreen

File "CvHallOfFameScreen", line 296, in drawContents

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getDescription'
ERR: Python function showHallOfFame failed, module CvScreensInterface

Last edited:
The Babylonian UP only worked for the first two techs, uploaded a save just before the third one:

Attachments

• Sargon Stone Age Turn 27.CivBeyondSwordSave
    181.4 KB · Views: 19
It seems that in all my games civs spawn with no war declared on barbarians. Could the problem be on my side?

Attachments

• Rajendra Chola BC-0300 Turn 188.CivBeyondSwordSave
    383.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Charlemagne AD-0752 Turn 297.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220306230037_1.jpg
    20220306230037_1.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220306230928_1.jpg
    20220306230928_1.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 26
Nope, this is a bug. Fix is coming.

It's not just barbs, the natives are at peace with every civilization but the player too. At least it lets the player capture one billion slaves, and the "endless wave" coming against your colonies is a kind of fun on its own. This was my experience setting up a more or less historical Spanish colonial empire for a Dutch playthrough...

...Which leads me to another error report, I'm getting tons of weird python exceptions every time I mouse over the collapsed Viking lands, save attached.

Attachments

• Willem van Oranje AD-1580 Turn 297.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
e: Exiting to the main menu causes a CTD.
That does not normally happen to me, is it the case regardless of circumstances? Can you upload a save to reproduce?

Cute text (along with wrongful 'civ has been destroyed' messages):
View attachment 621893
Oh yeah. It is actually possible to define civ specific messages that announce their upcoming spawn, I just haven't done so yet except for this test message that I forgot to remove.

Missing text variables (and Greece traded Ophiusa to the Independents?):
View attachment 621894
Looks like a (partial) Greek collapse. Maybe I should rephrase these messages so they make a bit more sense in that context.

Got a fix for the tile stability overlay at RFCUtils.py line 868:
Code:
               eelif iSettlerValue >= 90:
                    if otherplayers.any(plot.isPlayerCore):
                        iPlotType = iContest
                    else:
                        iPlotType = iHistorical
                elif otherplayers.any(plot.isPlayerCore):
                    iPlotType = iForeignCore

In the current revision, IsPlayerCore is called on the PyPlot class instead of the PyPlot instance variable plot.

Got this exception stack trace upon opening the StoredData screen in WB:

Spoiler :
upload_2022-3-8_0-0-23.png

That does not normally happen to me, is it the case regardless of circumstances? Can you upload a save to reproduce?

I tried again today on the same save and it doesn't seem to happen, no idea why.

e: Completed the Harappan UHV, nothing new to report.

Last edited:
New update:
- fixed "civ has been destroyed" message before the civ has even spawned
- ensured that all civilizations start at war with natives and barbarians as well as other civs if applicable (e.g. Rome and Celts)
- fixed a Python error in the stability overlay
- fixed a Python error that occurred when balancing the military strength of civs that had no additional units defined
- fixed unit AI for spawned naval units
- fixed a Python error in the hall of fame screen
- remove test message for announcing the Ethiopian spawn
- fixed assignment of names for minor civs
- rephrased "city was traded to" replay message as "city was ceded to"
- fixed a Python error in the world builder game data screen
- fixed a Python error in the tile stability tooltip
- fixed a Python error in the world builder stored data screen
- fixed additional Phoenician units

Top Bottom