Start from Play Now testing phase

Was that on the 1700 AD scenario? That one should be the most improved already.

I just got done playing a bit on the 1700 scenario and that one is much faster too. I'm glad, because the painfully slow turns discouraged me from playing most games past 1700, no matter the start date. Getting to the end of the tech tree is actually viable now.

One thing I noticed that due to the new Rise of [civ] mechanics is that Mexico is essentially invincible for much of America's window to conquer it, at normal speed. I tried to go after them early (as soon as I had riflemen) but their units kept withdrawing from combat over and over. Again, not a bug, but just a player's observations.

Yeah, I think I already reduced the birth protection duration on the develop branch, it just hasn't made it here yet. It's a good point to consider though.

Two general bugs I don't have saves for:
-I don't think Spain's first UHV goal is checking because when I built a city in the New World (the first European to do so), it still read as "Not yet."
-exiting to the main menu from autoplay caused a billion windows of the same python exception message to appear, I had to end task through task manager to close the game.

-exiting to the main menu from autoplay caused a billion windows of the same python exception message to appear, I had to end task through task manager to close the game.
How exactly did you do this? I started the Phoenician autoplay, dismissed the loading bar using the scape key, clicked on the menu button (escape did not work), and exited to the main menu. No Python errors there.

How exactly did you do this? I started the Phoenician autoplay, dismissed the loading bar using the scape key, clicked on the menu button (escape did not work), and exited to the main menu. No Python errors there.

Strange, I used the escape key to bring up the menu, had no problems there. I also did it as soon as autoplay started. Maybe it's a problem on my end only.

I managed to get another congress with only four participants, but it snuck up on me and I didn't have a savepoint anywhere near the congress date. I went back to an autosave and tried to get there again, but this time I got two congresses at once. I wonder if the small congresses I've been getting are the result of wars ending and not the regular vanilla RFC congress?
I looked into it, I think everything is normal. It's not a post war congress, but meanwhile a lot of other civs are involved in big wars and therefore not participating in the congress.

Babylonia game. Susa culture flipped to me and I ordered city to disband. What would you like to build screen opened and game crashed. When I reloaded game had lost track of what techs I had discovered first.

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be issue with just reloading. Started new game and it didn't register any discoveries.
The city does not flip to me on the next turn(s). Flipping it manually by placing culture on the tile lets me disband the city normally.

Two general bugs I don't have saves for:
-I don't think Spain's first UHV goal is checking because when I built a city in the New World (the first European to do so), it still read as "Not yet."
Started a Spain game, founded my capital, placed a settler in Florida with world builder, founded a city, got the first UHV goal.

If something is not working based on circumstances I require a save from before the city is founded.

Started a Spain game, founded my capital, placed a settler in Florida with world builder, founded a city, got the first UHV goal.

If something is not working based on circumstances I require a save from before the city is founded.
I forgot I had this save: France settled a city in Canada right before I managed to settle Havana. The goal doesn't mark itself as failed, it remains "Not yet".

Attachments

• First City in America.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 17
I forgot I had this save: France settled a city in Canada right before I managed to settle Havana. The goal doesn't mark itself as failed, it remains "Not yet".
True, the goal wasn't designed to fail immediately when anyone else founds a city before you do, but I agree it makes sense. I have added this to the goal.

New update:
- fixed "civ has been destroyed" message before its birth
- game now exits advanced start mode if it is currently active while switching to a different civ
- capitals flipped at birth start with all free buildings for the new owner
- fixed a bug that enabled expansion units to spawn inside of enemy cities, conquering them instantly
- initialised rise and fall maps before victory goals are assigned (otherwise map dependent goals are set up incorrectly)
- corrected Python code that referenced removed world size infos
- fixed a bug that made the AI ask you to join wars against independents (or other minors)
- Spanish first UHV goal fails if another civ founds a city in the area first
- moved goal setup to scenario files

Got some python exceptions when loading up a 600 AD Portugal game. I didn't realize until much later that my historical victory goals are missing from the victory conditions window!

Attachments

• Joao II AD-1515 Turn 284.CivBeyondSwordSave
    924.3 KB · Views: 14
The city does not flip to me on the next turn(s). Flipping it manually by placing culture on the tile lets me disband the city normally.
It happened at least dozen turns from last save. However main issue was that tech related goals didn't seem to trigger upon discovery.

It happened at least dozen turns from last save. However main issue was that tech related goals didn't seem to trigger upon discovery.
I suppose the tech goal issue appeared after that error?

The goal fails one turn after the save you uploaded. No city flip even after 24 turns.

New update: fixed assignment of victory goals.

New update: corrected handling of minor civs in the DLL code (should prevent interactions with independents that are not supposed to take place)

Forgive me for needing to ask, but I cannot for the life of me get the branch to install properly. I am taking the latest development version, and using "Pull" on the main RFC DOC folder to pull the custommap version. This is an otherwise totally untouched version.

What I would expect to happen is that Tortoise Git will merge the custommap version changes. Instead, Tortoise Git throws an error, saying I need to manually the conflicts between my version and the custommap version manually, and then perform a commit to complete the merge.

Needless to say I'm doing something terribly wrong. Are you able to puzzle out my issue from my description Leo?

Yes, the reason is that "pull" just gets the latest changes from the branch you're targeting, but does not change the branch you are on. So if you are still on the develop branch, it will try to put those changes on top of the develop branch, and fail because they are not immediately compatible.

Instead, you first have to "checkout" (or switch) the custommap branch. If you use tortoise, there should be a checkout/switch command or something like that. Note that if your local git does not yet "know" that the custommap branch exists, you may have to run "fetch" first (which updates the available branches), but since you pulled it already that does not seem to be the problem.

Your develop branch may be messed up now. I am unsure how tortoise handles that situation, maybe you need to abort the attempted merge, maybe you even need to delete and fetch + checkout the develop branch again.

Top Bottom