Starting out with extra units (3.1.8)

Teholb

Warlord
Korea and Carthage both start out with an extra units. In the case of Korea, a free worker appears, for Carthage it is a free quinimere (sp??). I've only tested this on Emperor, but it happens consistently. One time my Korean starting warrior vanished and I was left with just the free worker. All of these happened on Communitas map script, Standard, Standard.

edit: just read that Carthage may be starting out with the ship as an intended UA, however, I'd had it spawn inland a couple times, rendering it completely useless.

Korea I think is intended to start with a worker but no warrior.

This is intentional. Civs with ancient era UUs spawn with those UUs and both Korea and India spawn with workers because of their old GEM leader traits (improvement to farm tiles).

Ah, in that case, I guess the only thing I have to report is that Dido's free ship has spawned inland for me twice now, without being able to move through the city to get back into the ocean.

As in you spawned away from the ocean? Or just in an inland ocean or lake? Dido should always have a coastal start.

Ah, in that case, I guess the only thing I have to report is that Dido's free ship has spawned inland for me twice now, without being able to move through the city to get back into the ocean.

Thalassicus is aware of this happening and is currently incorporating some code to place the NAVAL units properly.

The extra unit stuff currently implemented is stock Firaxis work.

Stay tuned.

As in you spawned away from the ocean? Or just in an inland ocean or lake? Dido should always have a coastal start.

Spawn along the coast, with the ship behind the settler (away from the sea). If the ship happens to spawn in a coastal land tile, it can move into the ocean, but if not, it's simply trapped.

Thalassicus is aware of this happening and is currently incorporating some code to place the NAVAL units properly.

The extra unit stuff currently implemented is stock Firaxis work.

Stay tuned.

But I guess it was already known :lol:

Top Bottom