[BTS] Starting with C2C

Civ4ScreenShot0065.JPG

Look at that! I have few units there, and they all are significant drain for my wealth. I chose to keep some of the best and kick out the rest. That got my income at near 500 positive (495 exactly). Now I can build buildings which increase research with significant building maintenance. Cities, which don't yet have divine monument, are building it now. I'm going to change civics soon and one civic change will disable its construction.

Back to boring routine. I changed some civics, constructed some buildings, moved troops around... Screenshots next time.

Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG

All well and good in North where I have two cities conquered from Denmark. All other Dane cities were razed. See previous posts for details.

Civ4ScreenShot0070.JPG

Confederate States of America keeps expanding aggressively. I'm gonna get that ruby though (at center), and for that end I have secured it and some of the surroundings with military units and palisades. But where do I build a city? I have settler on plains hill with archers and palisade next to ruby, but I can't seem to build city there. Apparently city must be by the coast or fresh water. I consider settling on 1 tile north from the hill, west from the ruby. From there city can work on ruby, oasis, spice, and stone. Need to build load of food generating buildings though. And before that I may need to have buildings to increase happiness. Do you have better ideas for city placement?

I had some break with single player gaming. Now I'm back in action, at least occasionally.

Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG

I decided to found Cherbourg where you see it. Closer location to ruby secures it immediately for mining. In addition I can tap on to spice later when borders expand. Thanks to good number of immigrants, I could expand city size as fast as I could get food production being set up. I still have 6 immigrants left, which I'll be putting to good use as I find more cities.

Civ4ScreenShot0074.JPG

Iron working has revealed iron ore in small continent to south. Luckily I already have well developed city on that continent, so securing that iron won't be a problem. Settler coming up, and supporting units (missionary, town watchmen etc.) will follow. I upgraded workers on Grenoble to dog workers, and they'll be on their way on the next turn.

Vacation! Whole 2 days! Time to play one more turn...

Civ4ScreenShot0082.JPG

I have settled on to rest of the southern continent.

Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG

Couple cities more near the North Pole. I was supposed to capture barbarian city by the coast in North-East, but it fell to ruin during fighting. Settler is on his way there.

Civ4ScreenShot0084.JPG

Confederation has conquered Mayas. This is the border as it stands now. Jackson is annoyed at me, and I expect him to turn against me sometime in the future. When he does, When he does, I'll crush him, and this time I'm well prepared for war. Tours has massive stack, maybe close to 100 units, ready to pounce on Confederation's capital and surrounding cities. Other border cities have sizable stacks as well.

Thanks for this write up, MattiK. Good to see a playthrough of this mod.
My first impression is how unbalanced this mod seems. I mean, your latest screenshot show 826BC, yet you have the science slider at 100% and you're making 1409 gold each turn!

Yeah, this mod is nuts in variety of ways. In addition I run it with Steam's version of the game because I overlooked instruction to "downgrade" the game's version. Annoying because I play PBEM with the downgraded version, and I need to upgrade game back to Steam version to continue with this one.

It is worth to note that this mod requires more units by an order of magnitude compared to vanilla game. I nearly peed my pants when I saw AI attack with several stacks with some 20 units each. Luckily my cities could make as much as 3 archers per turn, and thus I got enough meat for the grinder. But it took effort of great majority of my cities to bring another Civ (Denmark) down, and it took well over 10 turns for foot soldiers to reach the front line from the furthest of my cities.

Last edited:
For sake of variety, I have played variety of other games. I also bought HTC Vive and a new PC to run it. But this time I spent good part of the day playing one more turn.

Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG

Maori and Hittite were at war. Heke asked me to join on it, but I had no assets nearby, so I had to decline. But why not to take advantage of the situation? Because Heke is pleased at me, going to war against Hittite was no-brainer. But when I got boots on that continent, Maori conquered the last Hittite city (south). But because there is plenty of empty land and I had already got troops in there, why not build new cities over there? My first construction over there was a fort (south-east). From there my dog workers started to build roads. First to south towards the last Hittite city before it fell to Maori, then to the west towards barbarian city Teoih... name is obscured by a horseman. I founded Limoges to secure more territory by the western coast and increase ship building capacity over there. I will set up another city north from Teoih...whatever, and workers are building fort there to secure territory from Maori's culture. Primary purpose of Nancy is to secure territory and connect borders so my cities don't get divided like Maori's.

Up north, Le Mans has secured iron ore. Montpellier connects Le Mans to the coast. Reason for Le Mans unhappiness is it is disconnected from trade routes and thus don't have access to luxury items. I will need at least another fort between existing one and Montpellier in order to secure that coast, but more likely I'll set up a city instead. I also want a city at or around the tile where it reads "to end turn". And at least 1 more city to the east from Le Mans. There are some nice resources around the mountain ranges, so more cities over there too. However people are already upset about over-expansion, as you can see in screenshot below:

Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG

I really should have brought workers over there first and build some road in order to haul the luxury items to provide some happiness :hammer2:

Top Bottom