States General Assembly Hall

Clerk of the Realm,

I second the motion of giving Kassite the Moai Statues, but the villages in Kassite are all fairly developed, why should all of them go? They are providing commerce for the Empire, and if we are to up science to 70% our commerce capacity, and go to war, we need all the commerce we can get.

I would like to hear from Vandal on this matter, though, before anything is settled. As for the contender, Cordoba; there is an unused forest that could be turned into a workshop for some compensation.

Only the 2 villages of Kassite not the Towns (I should have been more specific). Venice should build a Forge after Grocer along with the Workshop to improve productivity. What is your take Vandal and TCn this will allow us to adopt Caste System for a bonus to the Workshops and Vandal can finally stop whipping.

Clerk of the Realm,

This idea suits me, but I believe Venice should hold the Grocer and Forge until the end of Babylon and the adoption of Organized Religion and Free Speech (which we will switch to after war time for economy bonuses). Venice has enough production to construct some specialized military forces while under Theocracy/Vassalage. Kassite, on the other hand, should begin what you have proposed immediately, I believe.

Honorable Clerk of the Realm,

I do. Constructing the Moai statues in Kassite will take too long for it to be of gain. Kassite is not fit to be a production city and never will be. Trying to correct this only leads to an even greater loss of potential.

Look at it this way, gentlemen:
Cordoba can finish the Moai statues faster than Kassite,
Cordoba has more water tiles than Kassite.

Ergo, Cordoba will construct the statues faster and have more use of them.

I do. Constructing the Moai statues in Kassite will take too long for it to be of gain. Kassite is not fit to be a production city and never will be. Trying to correct this only leads to an even greater loss of potential.

Which is why Kassite will whip it before we change civics, no matter the cost.

I am in somewhat doubt on this one. What about making it a nationwide poll on the matter?

Diamodeye is right about Cordoba's potential, but Kassite has become to much of a broken city without any production whatsoever, and knowing that that will never change only leads Kassite down a far worse road for the future.

We should workshop the villages, to provide some more production, and possibly build a forge to capitalize while we can.

Honorable Clerk of the Realm!

First of all I remind my fellow Estate Generals to keep the tone formal even in a heated debate and adress the Clerk before speaking.

Secondly, I would like to counterpoint Vandals argument. Such a large, wondrous monument would be impossible to build by forced labor. It takes many times the workforce of the expendable force ready in Kassite and is in itself a grotesque mistreat of the populace!

Thirdly, and final, yes, we can increase Kassites production so it can construct the statues, as TCN says. Then why for the sake of the gods does it need the statues if we can increase its production sufficiently to construct them in a modest period of time?!?

I am confused by the arguments I am confronted with, they are contradictory and badly organized. Can the Clerk be as decisive as to appoint one speaker for the Moai in Kassite I can argue against instead of this mess of contradictory information from three people at once?

Thank you.

Is the only hope for Kassite the Moai Statues? I realize the city was poorly located, but is there nothing we can do that will bring production levels equal to or greater than the effects of the Moai Statues?

X-post w/Diamondeye.

I think one spokesperson for the Statues is a bad idea.

Honorable Clerk of the Realm!

First of all I remind my fellow Estate Generals to keep the tone formal even in a heated debate and adress the Clerk before speaking.

Secondly, I would like to counterpoint Vandals argument. Such a large, wondrous monument would be impossible to build by forced labor. It takes many times the workforce of the expendable force ready in Kassite and is in itself a grotesque mistreat of the populace!

Thirdly, and final, yes, we can increase Kassites production so it can construct the statues, as TCN says. Then why for the sake of the gods does it need the statues if we can increase its production sufficiently to construct them in a modest period of time?!?

I am confused by the arguments I am confronted with, they are contradictory and badly organized. Can the Clerk be as decisive as to appoint one speaker for the Moai in Kassite I can argue against instead of this mess of contradictory information from three people at once?

Thank you.

Honarary Clerk of the Relm,

I ask why are you so heavily apposed to this Diamondeye? If the Moai Statues are constructed Kassite will no longer have to rely on whipping, which you are against. This will end the need for Savery in Arete. So why, oh why are you opposed to this.

I will let the discussion go until midnight tonight EDT. Then I will poll the citizenry to get an idea where we are as a whole. It is a national wonder and I want it to be the whole citizenry to decide. Both sides of the argument are great. If Kassite was not a governed city-state would we be having this discussion? Probably yes but it sure helps to add some flavor. With workshops and a whipped forge and including use of the engineer Maoi ststues can be accomplished in Kassite in 12 turns max (after the workshops are complete). Vandals City-State of Kassite could then be counted as one of the Great Aretan Cities.

Clerk of the Realm,

Workshops over Villages alone would yield us 6 hammers, adding Caste System into the mix would give us 8. With a Forge this could be grown.

I don't know what to think anymore...

Clerk of the Realm,

Workshops over Villages alone would yield us 6 hammers, adding Caste System into the mix would give us 8. With a Forge this could be grown.

I don't know what to think anymore...

Yes once Kassite is whipped we could revolt immediatey and bring that number down to maybe 9? with Caste System. The more I look into the idea the more I like it. It does have its drawbacks as Diamondeye mentioned but the benefits seem to outweigh.

Allow me to answer the questions directed to me from Vandal Warlord.

Honarary Clerk of the Relm,

I ask why are you so heavily apposed to this Diamondeye? If the Moai Statues are constructed Kassite will no longer have to rely on whipping, which you are against. This will end the need for Savery in Arete. So why, oh why are you opposed to this.

From my point of view we should not rely on slaves or serfs at all. But Kassite can gain enough production with two workshops under caste system. That's nine production a turn. Eleven with a forge. It does not have to depend upon the Moai Statues whether Kassite can or cannot be a production city. It is a matter of turning these two villages into working areas.

So my argument stands. None of the cities are between a rock and a hard place production wise, but Cordoba has the potential to become an outrageous good coastal production site. And we need one of those. Hence, let the Moai go to Cordoba.

Allow me to quote TCN to reinforce my argument. The reason we get different numbers is solely that he does not count the production from the village centre:

Clerk of the Realm,

Top Bottom