1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Statue of Zeus vs. Knights Templar

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by AznWarlord, Mar 30, 2007.

1. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter Chieftain

Also, you won't have to pay for your Barracks once you get Sun-Tzu's. I prefer it, myself, though I play on Warlord, when the Computer is too stupid to use the units it gains from SoZ/KT effectively anyway. I don't go for many wonders anymore (yay! Off wonder-addiction!), but Sun-Tzu's is one I love, since I don't have to pay upkeep.

2. D0NIMATRIX

D0NIMATRIX Full of drivel

I'd take Sun Tzu's over KT anyday, even on Sid! KT gets obsolete, but Sun Tzu's lasts.

300th Post Baby!

3. civverguy

civverguy Chieftain

The crusaders aren't really that good because they only have one movement. I would take knights and ACs over them.

4. D0NIMATRIX

But Crusaders do have more atk/def than ACs and knights. And they can build forts. They're a good unit to accompany a SoD. But otherwise, SoZ all the way.

5. PaperBeetle

PaperBeetle Chieftain

The best foot units in the medieval era (apart from berserks) ought to be supplied with better things to occupy their time than fort-building.
    They work very nicely piled into armies, allowing them to keep up with your knights, and negating the drawback that is their non-upgradeability.

6. D0NIMATRIX

Yes, in armies is where they thrive (7/4/2 worst-case, 10/6/2 best-case), but I myself prefer knight armies for their speed.