Status and "To Do" List

I just got your permissions set up for Sourceforge. If you want to upload there, I'll download and test.

Do you know how to quickly add and replace paked art? I'm going to replace to Ataturk art with Ekmek's latest version, and make some other changes suggested by the community.

Awesome work, by the way!

No problem, glad I can be off some assistance. Its uploading now. Its very easy to add to the fpk, I had to do it multiple times, lol. Last 3 units to change were being pesky. Finally got them to work. Last I tested on my slower computer was a loading time of 1.07. Its been under a minute on my fast one. I also noticed some LH didnt have a greeting and added the kf's for those. There is still one I wasnt sure of. The LH kind of looks like hes screaming at you instead, but maybe that was intentional? I hope I didnt miss anything, as I went into the world builder to check all the units multiple times.

If you have questions on using the fpk just ask or go to the utility section. I think Wolfshanze's instructions was the easiest to understand.

Regards, Rockinroger

I agree: great work! :goodjob:

On the fpk, for scenario makers, like yourself. I did some testing by leaving the full fpk's in and removing the xml for several civs. The results I found out where, 1 the Civ4Diplomacy has to be adjusted if you remove civs. It will give off multiple errors if you dont. Secondly it still loaded with those errors and i ran it several turns. Or of course you can open the fpk taking out the art of the civs/lhs you want removed along with the xml.

Mostly though that isnt necessary. Only thing that is important is to maintain the fpk's the same as the folders Modules/Custom Civs and Modules/Custom Leaderheads. I still am not sure why I couldnt breakdown the Custom Civs into smaller fpks, but that proved fruitless, resulting in about 100 error messages.

Wyz_sub10, just noticed i made a error that causes a crash when clicking on vlad. This is the code now in the installer, in this path, CIV Gold\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Romania\Vlad. In the Vlad_CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml .This text,
HTML:
<KFM>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Romania/Justinian.kfm</KFM>
should be
HTML:
<KFM>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Romania/Vlad/Justinian.kfm</KFM>

Sorry for the error. Is there anyhing I can do to help out. I got the time right now. Also did you want me to upload the xml changes that i did, or just leave it in the installer?

Hi everyone,

I've got my hands full in real life right now with some expensive-and-not-at-all-fun work that has to be with my house.

Yes, I'm still planning to patch 5.0 and to incoporporate the new leaderheads - the Jimmu head looks amazing! Great work as always in the community.

It's the 28th of Sept today. I'll see what I can do this week. I doubt I can make all the changes requested this time around, but I'll do what I can.

A year later and not much has changed in terms of a time commitment...much has changed otherwise - new house, new contracts, boys getting older, starting school, etc.

Essentially, I need to close the book on CIV Gold for 4.0. Hopefully there will be an opportunity for CIV Gold 5.0...hopefully.

We already have Civ Gold 5.0, even 5.2
You mean Gold for Civ V, right? ;)

Top Bottom