Steam unlock delay?!

Thanks. I only hope is lets me replay those 100 turns as many times as i want.

First of all, it's 150 turn, 3 civ, and limited to mediavel tech. Small map standard time. And yes, you can play it as much as you want.

I'm a little ticked that if I had walked into a wal-mart two days ago, I could be playing civ v right now. But because I ordered on steam, I have to wait until some time tomorrow.

The retail version of the game is installed trough steam and is unlocked as the same time as the digital version.

I'm a little ticked that if I had walked into a wal-mart two days ago, I could be playing civ v right now. But because I ordered on steam, I have to wait until some time tomorrow.

No. You would still be waiting. The authorization starts at 10am US EST. Nobody can activate it or play it before this time.

oh, well that's better.

There's actually a rather simple explanation for why steam releases don't happen until the early morning: Valve employees aren't awake!

For a major launch, they want staff on hand to be able to monitor and fix any problems that arise with the servers. Thus, the game doesn't unlock at midnight when there would be no employees on staff. It's much better for Valve to have the game unlock later when they have people on hand, rather than at midnight.

There's actually a rather simple explanation for why steam releases don't happen until the early morning: Valve employees aren't awake!

For a major launch, they want staff on hand to be able to monitor and fix any problems that arise with the servers. Thus, the game doesn't unlock at midnight when there would be no employees on staff. It's much better for Valve to have the game unlock later when they have people on hand, rather than at midnight.

I'm sure Valve can afford an overnight crew for major releases... I WANNA PLAY :p

I have this theory... that the publisher / dev house decides the release of their content... and that the distribution service respects those wishes... and that it all happens for a like... reason. Anybody wanna buy some crystals?

I remember back in the days when Steam first came out.... When Valve bundled CS with it....

.... So much fail.

Top Bottom